Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 2 - Waltzingmouse SoAP

Welcome to the 2nd Day of the Waltzingmouse Stamp of Approval Parade (SoAP)!  Thanks for all your kind comments left yesterday - weren't all the DT's projects inspirational??!!!  I know I got a lot of great ideas for using the May release sets!

Today I'm parading  Gingham + Co with a little bit of Say It Loud slipped in!



First I stamped two sentiments from Say It Loud in two colors of ink - then I stamped 2 different gingham background stamps and the reverse dots background stamp from Gingham + Co. on white card stock and punched them with the butterfly punch.  I adhered the butterflies to the card with glue dots. 

A cheerful little card that took just minutes to make! And the cool thing is - when you stamp one of these background stamps - it's big enough to be able to punch 3 or 4 butterflies out of the stamped panel - so you can make multiple cards at one time!  whoo hoo!!

My second card again uses both of these wonderful stamp sets.

I stamped a gingham background directly on the card, then stamped the sentiment over it in black ink.  I stamped the reverse dots background in two different colors and die but my flowers (Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals).  The leaf is from Big Blooms - Chrysanthemums.  I layered the flower with foam dots, curling the petals a bit for dimension.  I adhered the ribbon with Scor Tape and just cut it off at the edge of the card (I hate wrapping ribbon around a no layer card!)

Please continue viewing the parade on each of the Design Team blogs listed here -  and I hope you'll stop by again tomorrow for Day 3!




Take Care:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Say it Loud, Gingham + Co.,

Paper: White - PTI
Ink: Memento - Cantalope, Bahama Blue, Sweet Plum
Accessories: glue dots, rhinestones - Darice, butterfly punch - SU

Hugs+ Prayers:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud, Gingham + Co, Big Blooms Chrysanthemums
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Cantalope, Bamboo Leaves,  SU - Pumpkin Pie, Ranger Distress - Dried Marigold
Accessories:  flower die - Tim Holtz Alterations - Tattered floral, rhinestones - Kaiser, saddle stitched Orange Zest Ribbon - PTI, Scor Tape, foam tape

16 comments:

Pauline said...

These are wonderful Julia! I love the ginghams, yet another set I have to have - oh dear, I feel a purchase coming on lol!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Way to go Julie, don't you just love these BG stamps, my newest favourite, love your way of using them!

Kary said...

Hi Julia! The cards are absolutely sweet!!

Holly Saveur said...

Love these cards!

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card with nice details

Greetings Astrid.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Julia. Love your creative use of the polka-dots with your die cut flowers and beautiful butterflies. Awesome.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - fantastic cards - I particularly like the butterflies!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How cute are these butterflies Julia!!!! I adore them!! And your "hugs and prayers" card is just super sweet!!

velta said...

Hi Julia ~ Love these gingham cards....what talent you have...and thanks for the embossing technique...I tried it on my CB...but it would not work...then I tried it on my Wizard and it worked...I have already made a card with it...and I plan to make more of the same card in different colors to give as a gift...Thank you SO much for your inspiration my friend!!!

LaurieJ said...

I love that you created patterned paper with Gingham and Co. and die cut the little butterflies and flowers. So cute!

Laurie Marmon said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Mary Marsh said...

thanks for the peeks on the new wms sets-love the bg stamps you are showing-your butterfly card was a fave of mine when i saw it on scs

Mona Pendleton said...

Such sweet cards Julia! Love the various patterned butterflies fluttering about!

Mary Marsh said...

thanks for the peeks on the new wms sets-love the bg stamps you are showing-your butterfly card was a fave of mine when i saw it on scs

Anonymous said...

I just adore the flower card!!! The color combo you chose for it is just perfect!