Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WMS Sneak Peek Day #2 - Yuletide Blessings & Fancy a Cuppa?

Welcome dear friends to the 2nd day of Sneak Peeks of the Waltzingmouse October Release. Just 2 more days until you can order these for your very own!


Today I made a card and gift container set using Compliments of the Season and Holiday Labels No. 14 (yes - they fit in Labels 14 Nestabilities!)

For the images on the label on my little container I also used two older sets - Afternoon Tea and Afternoon Tea Sentiments. (that's a clue as to what I put inside! LOL!!)

I used Taylored Expression's sketch for my Yuletide card. The sentiment and snowflake stamp are from Compliments of the Season and the cool label stamp is from Holiday Labels No. 14. I don't have the Labels 14 Nestabilities (yet!) - but it was easy peasy to cut around the edges by hand.

Here's how my container started out - as a simple Betty Crocker Icing tub!

Since the top was red I really had to get it covered as red didn't go with my color scheme! I used some twill along the side edge and I attached this lace over the edge of the top, folding it down over the side and covering the top with a circle of designer paper. Then I just adhered a strip of the same paper around the base of the container.

I used the same label stamp I used on my card for the front of the container. The 'fancy a cuppa? sentiment is from the new release Frame It (I used this set for yesterday's sneak peek if you recall!?! or you can just scroll down and see it!)

I used petite oval Nestabilities to cut out the sentiment (Afternoon Tea Sentiments) I used on the cover here.
I tied the wrinkled seam binding around in the back - sort of like an apron (!)

So that's it! sorry I took so long today!

Now you'll want to check out the rest of the DT's peeks:
Claire
Julia (me!)
Joan New DT member!
Sandie New DT member!
See you tommorrow for Sneak Peek Day #3!!

I've also entered this in the Moxie Fab World Christmas Card Challenge as well as the Moxie Fab World Gift box challenge.

Stamps: Frame It, Holiday Labels No. 14, Compliments of the Season (to be released 10/7/10), Afternoon Tea, Afternoon Tea Sentiments.
Paper: Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream - PTI, DP My Mind's Eye Beloved.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Ink - Old Paper, Bundled Sage.
Accessories: Petite Oval & Circle Nestabilities, Snowflake Shapeabilities, ink applicator - Inkssentials Ranger, wrinkled seam tape - www.PrairieBirdBoutique.etsy.com , ocean tides twill - PTI, rhinestones - Michaels, scor tape, foam dimensionals, corner rounder, lace - from stash, Swiss dots embossing folder.

28 comments:

Unknown said...

JULIA!!!! this is gorgeous!! Love everything in greens!!! the label looks fab and the wee cannister is just so cute!!! Stunning set!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh.....I missed yesterday....better go check. I love this little 'tea' set and what a great way to use some of those containers you just can't bring yourself to throw away!!!

Joan B said...

Julia, these are so pretty. The container is such a great idea. I am always inspired by your work.

Alice said...

amazing project, Julia! wow! so beautiful! love it!

Clare said...

I LOVE THIS!!! It's fabulous! Going to have to make one!! : )

Kelly S. said...

OH AWESOME way to combine sets, Julia! The colors on this are so serene and calming...just like the gift inside! Lovely little set!!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful!! I love the little green hearts and the Yuletide greeting - the label for Nestie #14 . . . that's a beautiful shape and so wonderfully enhanced with Claire's new stamps!!! Just perfect!! You are SO inspiring!

B said...

Julia, love the greens and the way you decorated the container! So pretty!

Deborah Frings said...

What a great gift set. I love the way you decorated the container. Very pretty.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fabulous! Love how you covered the RED lid!

Monique said...

Oh how creative!! I love all the green's and lace..What a great idea..

Karen Barber said...

GORGEOUSNESS Julia- that stuff rocks!! So very beautiful!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Julia...these gift set is fantastic. Beautiful papers and that lace is to die for! Awesome job.

Pauline said...

What a fab set! Good old Betty Crocker lol! Love the lace trim, it looks fab against the green. A really lovely set xx

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! What a clever project set!! Love the pretty crochet trimming!!

anya said...

This is really a great gift set, Julia. I love the color scheme that you used! I love those labels!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous gift ensemble Julia! Love your color & stamp combo ;) So creative!

Betty Wright said...

GASP! This is fabulous and beautiful and from recycle stuff...who knew! Terrific and beautifully done, Julia! I really think I need this frame set!

velta said...

Oh my Julia ~ You are a creative genius! How cool can you get? I love this tea set and you have put yourself into this creation! TFS!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wonderful mix of dps/images/details...lovely gift/gift packaging

Debbi said...

Great project Julia@ Love the labels and the toppers! What a great idea to use these containers! Thanks for so great inspiration!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Julia! Your card and project are stunning!! I so love how the stamp fits the nestabilities. Stunning design and colors!! Awesome use of the container.

Mary Marsh said...

another great card with the new set-I just love how you alter cans and chaange them into works of art-simply beautiful

Nancy said...

Julia...You blog is on my never miss a day list.
Another great little container and I love your use of all the crochet lace.

pmm said...

I love the way Claire designs sets to work together, and Julia, you have taken it to an even higher level with these projects!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! Thanks once again for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! Thanks also for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Season's Giftings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia! I love this gift set! congrats on winning the moxie fab challenge. It is so fun to find fellow-shabby-girls :) If you have time drop by my space and say hi... I'll be sure to visit you often!

Hugs,
Viola
www.violamahr.typepad.com