Monday, October 4, 2010

Waltzingmouse Oct Release Sneak Peek Day #1

Hey stamping friends! I'm so happy to welcome you to Sneak Peek day #1 of the Waltzingmouse October Release!

We're also very excited to welcome two new DT members to WMS with this release - Joan Bardee and Sandie Dunn! You'll see their links below.

Today I'm using stamps from Frame It.

For my first card I stamped the frame that has a gap in the outline on one side just so you can stamp any one of the 18 different sentiments included with this fun set! Then I stamped the little tree 3 times in 3 different shades of blue inks. And to finish off this CAS design - I stamped the sympathy sentiment in the gap of the frame.
Here's a pic just to show you how I was able to stamp my trees evenly inside the box. I layed my little wooden ruler just below the frame - you can see that this frame measures 4" - I stamped my trees at 1", 2" and 3" lining up the trunks (you need to allow for the space that your acrylic block takes up when placing your ruler so I recommend lining things up with a clean non-inked stamp first!) This card is 5 1/4" x 3 3/8".

For my second card, I used the square frame outline stamp and the teacher sentiment. My apple comes from last year's set called Peace & Plenty.

I colored my apple with Copics, cut it out and adhered it in the center of the frame with foam dimensionals.
So there you have 2 Clean and Simple cards using this fun new set - Frame It -All the sets in the October release will be available to purchase on Thurs 10/7/10
Now you'll want to check out the rest of the DT's peeks:
Sandie Welcome New DT member!
See you tommorrow for Sneak Peek Day #2!!
With Sympathy card:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frame It
Paper: Fabrio Card
Ink: Ranger Distress - Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire
For my teacher card:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frame It, Peace & Plenty
Paper: Green Bazzill, Fabrio Card front
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Peeled Paint
Accessories: foam dimensionals, Copics: R20, R29, R35, E19, YG63, YG95

29 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Morning Julia

Just what I need - frames!!! I've been trying to draw them by hand - this will make life so much simpler. They are both lovely cards.

Regards, Deborah x

Unknown said...

Oh super fab CAS cards Julia!!! WOW your wee apple is stunning cut out and popped up there!!! Fabby cards! Thank you!

Alice said...

so simple and beautiful. wonderful cards, Julia!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Julia. Love how well all of Claire's sets work within this Frame It set. You have demonstrated this wonderfully.

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are simply fabulous Julia! Love the shading on that apple - looks edible!

Kathy Jones said...

These are fabulous Julia!!! I really love how the apple is popped up and the red really pops against the rest of the card!!

Rachel B said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see all the sentiments with the frame set! So fabulous!

Sandie said...

I so love CAS but am totally useless at it, lol. These are wonderful examples!! Great work :)

Bonnie said...

Just Fabulous Julia! Clean and simple and easily mass producible! Love the apple - I don't have that set - what is the matter with me??!

anya said...

What great cards, Julia! Clean, simple and great examples of the versatility of this set! I love how you combined it with the apple from P&P!! Super job!

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful idea...love the frame stamp with the opening and your little leaves and apple are sooo pretty, Julia!!!

Jennifer Holmes said...

Great cards, Julia! Love that apple - has to be one of my fav WMS images of all time. And yours is gorgeous!

Sharon L-S said...

Julia
Both cards are great. While my daughter is now a mother herself (and a stamper too), the teacher card card be used for other people in our lives ie librarian, quilt teacher, hum oh the possibilities!
The sympathy card is lovely. Doing sympathy cards has always been hard for me. Thanks for sharing.
Sharon in Dayton OH

Heidi said...

Simple and beautiful! Love that apple!

Beverly said...

Beautiful cards Julia!! I love them both!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

The framing is fabulous!! Love the simplicity of these! :)

Jen said...

The Frame It stamps are so cool. Definitely makes the framing E-A-S-Y! Thank you for sharing.

B said...

Oh so cute! Love the idea of using the ruler to have an even stamped line! OMG, that's brilliant!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Completely on board with that frame set!! Can't wait to see how much it will cost!! Love both your cards~~

Lenet said...

WOW super CAS cards!!

Monique said...

Wonderful cards Julia... Oh I am so excited to get my hands on these..

Sue from Oregon said...

oh these are lovely!

Anne Harada said...

Love these!! You are my inspiration for this style, absolutely my most fav of ALL the zillion techniques you have inspired me to do - so classy, just like my sweet friend Julia!! :)
Hugs GF!
Anne

Ren-Yi said...

love love your CAS cards. it's so fabby how the apple pops. and the lil trees are perfect for a simple but thoughtful sympathy card.

Pauline said...

A lovely simple card, just right for a sympathy card. Can't wait to see the new sets on Thursday!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oops better late than never!!! What a great stamp to own.......this one has made the list right away!!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Beautifully done and just fabulous, Julia! I so love the CAS designs! YOU make them look so easy. Great cards!

pmm said...

Wonderfully clean, simple, and easy to duplicate- thanks for sharing your talents!