Friday, August 20, 2010

The Delicate Cottage Rose

Ok - so now that I've figured out how to do Shabby Chic - I can't seem to stop!



This week's Shabby Tea Room inspiration photo got me thinking about making another little box similar to the one under the table in this photo.! Isn't this a wonderful shabby chic scene?! I don't decorate my home in this style - but I do love looking at it!

I started with a little oval wood chipboard box 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" and covered it with patterned paper that had been sponged with Tea Dye Ink (of course!) I made my cluster of roses using red felt - you can see how I made these on my post here. I painted and sparkled a grungeboard scrolly and tucked it under the sentiment panel - to mimic the white leg on the table in the photo.

The sentiment and frame are Waltzingmouse.

I even made a handle for my little box. I punched a hole on each end with my Cropadile and threaded a piece of hemp twine through the holes knotting the ends on the inside. This is actually long enough to pull up and use to carry this little box!

The dress hanging on the wall in the photo also inspired me. I have a wonderful stamp by Serendipity that is 3 beautiful vintage dresses hanging on a line. I inked just one of them for my card and added some flower soft at the bust and hem to give the feeling of the chennille in the picture.
I used my Scor Pal to make lines like the tile floor in the picture. I made this flower out of Mulberry paper. I stamped the dress on pink flowery paper, cut it out and layered it over the 'wallpaper'. The frame is Spellbinders and is popped up on foam dimensionals as is the dress.
The sentiment is Waltzingmouse.
Hope to see you tomorrow when I'll have my Speedy's Challenge card as well as my Waltzingmouse sketch card! A busy posting day!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Fancy Phrases, Afternoon Tea, Serendipity - three dresses
Paper: White, vintage cream - PTI, Mulberry - AC Moore, DP - Retired SU, Imaginesce - Fairest of them All.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Tea Dye, Barn Door
Accessories: Skotch quick dry adhesive, cropadile, red felt, hemp twine - SU, sticky pearls - Michaels, lace - May Arts Ellen Hutson LLC, sponge & applicator - Inkssentials/Ranger, grunge chip board - Tim Holtz, white acrylic paint - Michaels, glitter - Blumchen & Co., spellbinders classic frame, flower soft - sweet pea, flower soft High tac PVA glue, foam dimensionals, lacey punch - Martha Stewart.

13 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, these are both beautiful! I love those flowers....I want to go home and make lots and lots of them, lol! The card is just so sweet! Have a great weekend!

Esther Asbury said...

I LOVE both of your projects and the shabby chic style you created them in! Thanks for introducing me to rolled roses -- I've been having so much fun with them of late!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

When you can create like this, who says you need to stop!! Keep going, GF!!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful creations, Julia! Love the box! This card is just precious! Love the way you framed the little dress!

Betty Wright said...

Scrumptious and fabulously shabby chic, Julia! Wonderful card and decorative box! Stunning!

Crystal said...

Julia WOWWEEE you make the most beautiful projects!!! I lOVE this box and your card is GORGEOUS too!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Yessireee, I think you've got the Shabby Chic thing down perfectly!! These are just delicious!

anya said...

Julia, this box is gorgeous. You are really finding a knack for this style!! I just love the roses with the pearl centers - so beautiful.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Your projects are fabulous! I adore the box you created. Those felt flowers are wonderful, and I love the hemp handle and the grungeboard swirl, too. And the card is amazing, too. Lovely job with that hanging dress stamp. You have truly taken our inspiration in the Tea Room this week to heart, and it shows! Thanks so much for playing with us.

Lisa said...

Oh so beautiful! I just love the box and the card!!! The flowers, lace, ribbon, I love everything! You did an awesome job with our challenge this week! Way to go! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creations with us in the Tea Room!

Debbie said...

Oh my, Julia! Two simply gorgeous creations you've made here for our Tea Room challenge! The altered box is wonderful -- I {heart} the lace, bloomers and chipboard! The card with it's precious hanging dress is lovely! Wonderful take on our challenge this week :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

This box is so awesome! One of these days I am going to CASE another one of your ABC projects - I just adore them!

Nicole said...

This altered box is so pretty! Love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)