Friday, July 3, 2009

Celebrate America the Beautiful!

I made this fun box for today's limited supplies challenge on Split Coast which was to use only Digi images and die cuts.

Well...... I needed to make favors for my 4th of July/MIL's B'day cookout that we are hosting on Sunday - and I didn't have a Patriotic digi image.... so I used a clip art image from The Vintage Workshop from the Cute as A Button set. I used a scalloped square nestability and a star Shapeability as die cuts. The box is one of Lauren's timeless templates from PTI. Now I just need to make 6 more!

Stamps: none
Paper: SU: Naturals Ivory, Night of Navy, PTI: Pure Poppy, DP GCD Studios Bedtime Stories
Ink: Denim Adirondack
Accessories: foam dimensionals, sponge, star Shapeabilities, scalloped square Nestabilities, clip art: The Vintage Workshop, Crop a dile, exacto knife, scor pal, scor tape, ribbon: Michaels, Ready Set Wrap Template: PTI


I made this card for the Ways to Use it Challenge on Split Coast this week - The challenge was to use corrogated cardboard on your card. I ripped the top layer partially off and cut it with my Nested Flowers Shapeability. I embossed the background - inking the inside of the Leafy Branch folder to color the impression (not too noticeable in the picture - IRL the leaves are darker then the background!). The butterfly is a layered sticker from K&Co. The sentiment uses two different PTI sets - Borders & Corners (Circles) and Limitless labels.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July Celebration to everyone here in the USA!!

We're finally having sunshine today here in MA after 2 weeks of rain- although thunder storms are predicted for tonight and tomorrow night - they say Sunday will be warm and sunny for my cookout Whooo Hoo!!!

And a big heartfelt thank you to everyone who is serving in the military and protecting our freedoms for us...!
Stamps: PTI: Borders & Corners (Circles), Limitless Labels
Paper: PTI: White, New Leaf, Melon Berry
Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Chai Tea Die, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: circle punch, Zutter Corner ROunder, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Shapebilities Nested Flower, PTI Ribbon: New Leaf, Butterfly: K&Co., Cuttlebug folders; Just My Type, Leafy Branch, glue dots, foam dimensionals, dew drops

7 comments:

Susan said...

wonderful pair of projects, Julia! love, love the trunk bag with the vintage clip art and the great star paper. That polka ribbon ties it all together so well...and the WT card is fab with that recycled cardboard flower and your multi bugged bg!!!

Have a wonderful holiday and Happy Birthday to your MIL!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous projects Julia!! I really love your fun patriotic 3-D project!! Beautifully decorated and your other butterfly card is so dimensional and gorgeous!! TFS! :)

Have a wonderful 4th of July!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your little box is absolutely charming!! LOVE the stars and polka-dotted ribbon!! And your corrugated flower with the butterfly is fantastic!!

~amy~ said...

julia, what great projects!I love the fun box...fab digi image...I adore your butterfly card too!!!

Have a happy 4th Julia!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love your LSC project! It's fabulous Julia! Hope you and your family enjoy the holiday weekend!

Anne Harada said...

Ha!! I knew if I came over here I'd find you doing the party favors for MILs BD party!!! The little carrying box is adorable, I bet everyone loved them!!

Shirley said...

How pretty your first project is. A real keepsake too! Your butterfly is beautiful and the textures you gave to the background are wonderful. Julis, I use my Shimmmerz with a Niji waterbrush. You can really paint more effectively with them that way and control the shimmmer and color too.