Saturday, March 14, 2009

Inspired Doubledog Rabbits

Spring is coming - really and truly!!! And we see some of it on the Inspiration Challenge web site this week which was Fitz & Floyd. I was inspired by these great rabbit candleholdersMy rabbits stamp is by 100 Proof Press which I stamped, then masked using Eclipse tape and stamped the fence by Magnolia over the mask. Then I colored the images with copics and prismacolor markers. I used my Labels One nestability for my image panel and my Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder for the 2nd panel. I used an oval punch from Stampin Up on the sentiment which is by Rubber Soul. I used some half gold beads, some tiny plastic flowers and some gold stickers to decorate the images.

This card also qualifies for the Doubledog Challenge I do each week with a group of friends on Split Coast - Francie G's challenge to us was to use a rabbit on our card. We'd love to have you join in on our Doubledog Challenges - just post your card in your gallery on SCS and use the keyword DDC.

You can see all the Doubledog Dare cards here - several new people have played along this week - why don't you??!

Hope you are having a nice weekend so far - thanks so much for stopping by!


Remember to come by tomorrow for the H&M Design Team Blog Hop - you'll just love all the fun spring projects we have to inspire you!

Stamps: Rabbits: 100 Proof Press, Fence: Magnolia, Sentiment: Rubber Soul
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery: SU, White PTI
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery: SU
Accessories: foam dimensionals, sponge, glue dots, oval punches: SU, Swiss dots cuttlebug folder, cuttlebug, labels one nestabilities, plastic flowers: unknown, rhinestone stickers, Eclipse tape, copics, prismacolor markers

6 comments:

Susan said...

Julia, I adore those elegant rabbits! and how you've blinged them up!!! Your coloring is gorgeous!The labels 1 makes a perfect mat to work on and the tiny fuchsia flower just the pop this needs.

Happy Weekend

Anne Harada said...

Amazing likeness to the Fitz and Floyd inspiration piece!! And "of course" you had a fence stamp!! LOL!! Your masking technique is perfect, great job on this Julia!!

Bev J. said...

Really like your rabbits-great inspiration card. tfs

LeAnne said...

Very cool--I love 100 Proof Press--their images are the best!
LeAnne

dpkennedy said...

OMGoodness...I think I have this stamp, and I have never used it! I am so glad that you did! This is wonderful! Great scene you created and wonderful coloring! I am so gonna use mine this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What inspiration!! Just love your coloring!! Fabby design!