Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Little Humor

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I made a 'grand slam card' covering 3 challenges today. The color challenge on Split Coast, Julee's Mojo Monday sketch challenge and the Doubledog Dare Challenge I do every week with some SCS friends. Anne H was our hostess this week and she challenged us to make a humorous card.
So I think looking at the butt of a little purple chickie qualifies as humor (!?!) I used the A Lil' Behind stamp set by H & M Stamps and two Cuttlebug embossing folders - Swiss Dots and Argyle. The pretty designer paper is Amy Butler.

We'd love to have you play along with the Doubledog challenge - just make a humorous card, load it on your Split Coast Gallery and use the Keyword DDC. You can see all the Doubledog cards here where we'll be looking for your card too!! You can see all the Doubledog members on my sidebar.

You still have time to check out my blog candy too.

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today!

Stamps: A Lil' Behind: H&M Stamps
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss: SU, Plum Pudding: PTI, DP: Amy Butler K&Co
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: sponge, oval punch: SU, Argyle & Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folders, velvet brad: Making Memories, foam dimensionals, Ripe Avocado dotted satin ribbon: PTI, Koh-I-Noor colour pencils, gamsol

15 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

I've probably told you this before, but my absolute favorite cards are the ones that make me laugh out loud! Wonderfully funny card!

Debbie said...

Julia - What an adorable card. It made me laugh!

Judy Rozema said...

So totally cute!! I love the colors!

~amy~ said...

CUTE.....such a fun image paired with the sentiment and you know how much I {heart} Amy Butler!

magic boxes said...

Hi julia

Fantastic card - so funny!

I love your blog and will be back!

Thanks for visiting mine.

Elaine

Unknown said...

OHH that is too funny and so cute! I am loving the prple too, my fav color!

Renee said...

Julia this is adorable! I love it!

Kristine said...

:) TOO FUNNY!! I ♥ humor...hmmm, dont think I have any humorous stamps like this! Very cute :)

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my gosh this image is just ADORABLE!! I love it! Beautiful colors and texture.

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE!! This is so cute!! Love the purple chick!! TFS! :)

Betty Wright said...

Julia this is so cute!!!! Love it!!!

I left an award for you on my blog!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love this purple chick!! Too cute!!

dpkennedy said...

Too funny! Definitely qualifies as humorous! Adorable Julia!

Carolina said...

Sooo sweet! Love the combined textured backgrounds and the DP is just beautiful!

Deb Neerman said...

Adorable! And I love the bright, spring-like colors you used, too.

You're amazin' ...