Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Cup of Coffee, A Porcupine & a Founders Day Sale

I'm just back from a week's vacation and am so happy to be stamping! I made a quick card for the Limited Supplies challenge over on Split Coast - to use a coffee image and the color orange. I used this cute coffee cup image from Amuse and some barn board-looking designer paper from Cosmo Cricket.I wanted this to be a masculine card but felt it needed something in the corners (nothing frilly!) and then I saw a scrap of thin cork board on my work table and thought that would fit the bill! I punched 3 circles out of it and added them to the corners using glue dots. I sponged and distressed the edges and added the ribbon, without a knot or bow, behind the image. Inside - a simple 'Happy Birthday'.


Stamps: coffee cup and sentiment: Amuse Artstamps
Paper: Kraft, pumpkin Pie: SU, Vintage Cream: PTI, DP: Cosmo Cricket - Halfway Cafe
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, So Saffron: SU
Accessories: rectangle nestabilities, sponge, distresser: Heidi Swapp, hole punch, striped ribbon: SU, thin cork, foam dimensionals, glue dots, Prismacolor marker - Burnt Ochre, Cuttlebug



My next card was for the Inspiration Challenge on Split Coast. We had a lot of fun animals to check out. I chose the porcupine in the bottom right corner of this picture as my inspiration.As soon as I saw it - I knew I'd use this fun porcupine stamp by Judith and the PapertreyInk designer papers matched pretty well to the inspiration picture.
I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder for the rug part. I colored the little guy with my Prismacolor markers - cut around the edges and mounted it with foam dimensionals. Doesn't he just make you smile looking at him!?!

Stamps: porcupine - Stamps by Judith, Sentiment: Inkadinkado
Paper: white, spring moss, DP Every day blessings: striped serenity - PapertreyInk
Ink: onyx black versafine
Accessories: Prismacolor markers, swiss dots folder, cuttlebug, foam dimensionals, oval punches

And these final shots are of the table I had today at our town's Founders Day Celebration. People rent spaces and sell things and there are several food booths run by different groups of High School kids and the Boy Scouts. There is one whole section of the street with games for the kids - it's a fun day for the whole town to gather and enjoy themselves.

I sold cards, various stamped crafts I've made - and I also sold some of my stamp sets that I no longer use (gasp!). I thought the day was going to be cancelled because rain from the hurricaine was predicted - but they held it anyway - and low and behold - it cleared pretty much for the day - just a sprinkle here and there - and then it pelted 1/2 hour after it ended! Talk about fortunate! This celebration has been held in town for 29 years - and it has never had to be cancelled due to rain!

I did ok with the sale - brought a lot home - but I did sell enough to make it worth going. Now I just want to go to bed!

Thanks so much for coming by today!

6 comments:

Beverly said...

Wow Julia, sounds like you had a fun and busy day. I'm glad the rain held off for you and glad we had as much a we did... we really needed it.
I love all of the goodies you had for sale. Beautiful stuff! Don't these people know how lucky they are to be able to purchase something crafted by you- LOL!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh that sounds like such a fun day! You table looks like it had so many fun things on it! I am sure I would have been a good customer!

Lauri said...

Wow you had a busy and fun day! Glad you did okay at the sale! and I love that porcupine stamp!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the latest additions to your gallery. Looks like you had a wonderful week. Your table looked fabulous. I wish I were there I would have bought lots of your goodies!

~amy~ said...

FUN cards julia! Glad that your sale went well!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great cards Julia! love the super cute porcupine!! Glad you made some sells at your fair. We are having ours next weekend!