Friday, August 15, 2008

A Silent Snowman

My card today is for the Limited Supplies challenge over at Split Coast - to use a snowman on your card. Hostess Jeanne S thought it would help us forget about the summer heat if we pulled out a snowman stamp! I got out this Silent Night Snowman from Stupendous that I've had for a couple of years and often use on Christmas cards.
I matched him up to this perfect designer paper from the Die Cuts With a View Christmas Stack. The paper is actually a 12x12 sheet for a scrapbook page with reindeer jumping around on this snowy field but I just used this plain corner of it for my card. I liked the way it has a ground area to set my snowman on.
I colored the snowman with my copics (thanks to yesterday's SCS challenge to use Copics! See my Thomas Kinkade card below on yesterday's post) and watercolored the sky on the image using re-inker and my aquapainter. I added a dew drop over the star.
I liked the simplicity of this scene - so I just added the dotted ribbon under the panel and dotted some stickles over the snow in the sky (which you can't really see in the picture!)
A fun cool challenge on a hot summer day! and I got one Christmas card done - yay! - now only about 49 more to go!!!
Stamps: Stampendous
Paper: white: PTI, Black: SU, DP: Die Cuts With A View - Christmas Stack
Ink: Onyx black versafine, Bashful Blue reinker
Accessories: aquapainter, copics, dew drop, glue dot, foam adhesive, blue dotted ribbon: Michaels, Crystal ice stickles

5 comments:

Barbara Schram said...

I love this image! Perfect paper too to pack the wow factor! Just a terrific card!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your snowman card...great job with the copics..fabulous choice of colors!

Deb Wood said...

The snowman is too cute, but the card us so serene and beautiful. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia,
This is adorable! Love your snowman. Great take on the challenge.
Julia, I just started blogging and was wondering if it is okay to add your name to my list of blogs

Denise Clark said...

I love this card! The bling in the middle of that star is SO perfect!!!!

Denise