Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Scarecrow on a bed of Flowers - Sneak Peek!

Today's inspiration challenge over on Split Coast was the artist decorated rooms at the Fox Hotel in Copenhagen Denmark - this is the room I chose for inspiration:
the bedspread was like a field of flowers and the animal person backboard inspired me to create this card.I have been wanting to make the free standing pop up card from the SCS tutorials seen here - and it worked perfectly as a 'bed' for this inspiration! I used the Forest Branches Cuttlebug folder behind the scarecrow to give the feeling of the straw that he's stuffed with. I cut the sentiment with a double ended tag from Spellbinders - added brads and attached with foam dimensionals. I colored the scarecrow with Prismacolor Markers, cut him out and layered him to the cream panel with foam dimensionals.


and it folds completely flat for mailing! The receiver can stand this right up on their counter or desk at work - and be reminded of their good friend, YOU!
This neat scarecrow stamp and sentiment are from a new set by H&M stamps that will be available Sept 1! you can see it here as of Monday
Now I'm off to do some Saturday errands! thanks so much for coming by today!
Stamps: H&M Stamps - Old Fashioned Hay Ride
Paper: vintage crea, berry sorbet: PTI, DP - Crate Paper Cow Girl - Side Saddle
Ink: Onyx black Versafine,
Accessories: Prismacolor markers, Double ended tags: spellbinders, red raffia, large eyelet, circle punches, waxed thread, cuttlebug, folders: Swiss dots, Forest branches, cropadile, super tacky tape

9 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Cute Julia, but I think I need to really see a close up of that room before I make a card, don't you agree? I am off to the big city today but hope to make one of these pop up cards this weekend!

Lauri said...

Great card! I agree, though, I think we ALL need to do field research on this challenge!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! Super job on the pop up.

Carolina said...

Julia, this is just darlin'!!! I've been meaning to make one of these cards and you pulled it off beautifully!

Beth Thomas said...

This is wonderful! You did an awesome job with the design of the card! I love the branch embossing folder with the scarecrow- perfection! Very cute sneak peak! Can't wait to see the rest! You did great with the inspiration- although I think I would have a hard time resting in a room like that.

Shirley said...

Who would have thought? Very creative and clever. TFS

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

love this Julia! Great pop up card!! Love the dp you paired with the cute scarecrow!

Susan said...

so cute! You have inspired me to give this one a try...whohoo to you!!! love the paper on the box

dpkennedy said...

Wow Julia, this is so cute! I love the image and how it stands up, such a great idea. The room and scary headboard are another story...wouldn't catch me stayin' at that hotel!!