Friday, August 22, 2008

Let it rip! and a White Dog

It was difficult for me to make this Ways To Use it challenge card - we were to tear something - and that's not my usual style.
I stamped my Rustic Branches from PapertreyInk on a white panel - cut a circle out of an Aqua Mist panel with my nestability, then I embossed with with a Cuttlebug folder - distressed and tore the edges, sponged them - layered it over the white panel and sewed the edges. Phew! I added a piece of vintage lace under the sentiment. The lace is from a box that my dear MIL gave me when she moved out of her house into assisted living so I'm happy to be using it!

Then I layered 2 primas in the corner with a piece of ribbon and a brad. The base card is Kraft card stock. This is a 4.25" x 4.25" card. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable with this shabby chic style!

Stamps: Rustic Branches - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Kraft - SU, White, Aqua Mist - PTI
Ink: Dark Chocolate and Aqua Mist - PTI, River Rock - SU, Onyx Black versafine
Accessories: sponge, lace, brown brad, foam dimensioinals, glue dots, prima flowers, sewing machine, leafy branch folder, cuttlebug, circle nestability, oval punches, dark choc twill ribbon - PTI, distresser - Heidi Swapp


Here is my card for Kelly's (Schirmcat) VSN challenge (Virtual Stamping Night) over on Split Coast. The challenge is described below:
" for this challenge the book we will be focusing on is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?". This book was written by Bill Martin Jr, and illustrated by Eric Carle.


The story goes something like this..."Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?""I see a red bird looking at me.""Red bird, red bird, what do you see?""I see a yellow duck looking at me."It ends with a teacher seeing children who are all dressed up like the animals listed in the story.

So for my challenge...you need to make a card featuring one of the animals and it's color, as written in the story. Choose one of the following animals, then make your card as colorful, and brilliant as can be! Be creative, and use any stamps, templates, cut-outs, or art materials that you want!

Here is the list: Brown Bear Red Bird Yellow Duck Blue Horse Green Frog Gold fish Purple Cat White Dog Black Sheep "

I chose White Dog - using this cute puppy stamp from Artful Inkables fun new set called Top Dog . I stamped his cute little head on a scrap - cut it out and layered it over the main image. Then I outlined the whole image with a Grey Prismacolor marker to make it pop a little. Doesn't it look like he's really missing you!?!?!

I stamped the sentiment in black then sketched over it with the same gray marker - punched it with my circle punch - layered it to a black circle and added the brads and ribbon piece. It's attached to the card with foam dimensionals.

Kristin is offering free shipping for orders over $35.00 for the month of August and she has some fun new charms and acrylic blocks now on her site. So hop on over and check it out! might as well save some money right!?!?!?

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll look for you tomorrow - same place!!!

Stamps: Top Dog - Artful Inkables
Paper: White - PTI, Basic Black - SU, DP - Autumn Leaves
Ink: Onyx Black Versamark
Accessories: sewing machine, resin paw sticker - Karen Foster, foam dimensionals, rectangle nestabilities, gingham ribbon: SU, circle punches, gray prismacolor markers, brads, paper piercer

5 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Ripping may not be your usual style, but it looks amazing! I love it!!

Carolina said...

Both are just soooo adorable! I love the shabby chic look of the first and the doggie card is beyond sweet!

~amy~ said...

Julia! I LOVE them!!! Your Rustic Branches card is simply stunning!

Denise Marzec said...

Yeah, I'm with Ashley, ripping may not be your style but it looks FANTASTIC!!

Shirley said...

Julia, your first card is just stunning. I love the lace, colors and all of your embellishments. The second card is just too cute! TFS