Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ear Wax, Belly Fuzz and Toe Jam

I hope you aren't eating while you're browsing my blog today!! This is just one of the fun sentiments in a new Halloween set by H & M Stamps to be released Sept 1 called Fright Night.

Congrats to NikiE for being Featured Stamper over on Split Coast today. She has a super gallery. I chose to take this lovely wedding card and make a Halloween card out of it! I changed the colors and stamps but kept the design.
This is one of the cards I'll be selling on a table I'm having at our Town's Founders Day next week. The bookcase shelves have spooky eyes peaking out from the dark spaces, spider webs and bottles of strange concoctions topped off by a rat and a crow!
I realized after I finished the card - that doing the ribbon this way - and using black ribbon - it looks like a bat! I cuttled the background with the text folder and used my rectangle nestabilities for the image. I only colored a few pieces on the image with my Prismacolor marker. I used the oval punch on the sentiment and sponged the edge in black. The image and sentiment are up on foam dimensionals.
Heather is offering free shipping for the month of September over at H & M Stamps - so be sure to check out all her new stamp sets coming out Sept 1.
I'll be posting a card for 4 different sets - one each day - Mon - Thurs this week - so please stop by and check them out!
Have a wonderful safe Labor Day Holiday and please keep New Orleans in your prayers - looks like the hurricaine is going to hit there tomorrow morning........
Stamps: Fright Night - H & M Stamps
Paper: basic black, pumpkin pie - SU
Ink: onyx black versafine
Accessories: black grosgrain ribbon, hole punch, cuttlebug, script folder, foam dimensionals

7 comments:

Lauri said...

So funny! Your post title certainly got my attention! I love the way the ribbon looks like a bat!

dpkennedy said...

Ah, this is adorable! I love the sentiment and I have to admit I did wrinkle my nose thinking about it! The ribbon does look like a bat-it's perfect!!

~amy~ said...

Julia, what a FABulous Pumpkin Pie card! The bookcase image is spectacular...so much detailing..

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

too cute Julia! love the ribbon treatment! It does look like a bat!LOL!

Beth Thomas said...

Bwahahaha! I absolutely love this! The bookcase and the sentiment are perfect together!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a great set and a great card! thanks for the link to go see it!

Anonymous said...

kredyty samochodowe bez bik i krd
pożyczka na dowód sms
kredyt bez bik
zobacz adres strony
kredyt bez bik przez internet
kredyty na dowód łódź
pożyczki bez bik dla prowadzących działalność