Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An Announcement and a Dreaming Fairy

First - I'm so excited to tell you that as of Sept 1st I am officially on the Design Team for H & M stamps for the next 6 months!!! (you may have noticed the logo on my right side bar?) And starting Monday - I'll be posting a card highlighting a new stamp or set each day for 4 days in a row. So please be sure to come by and check them out - you won't want to miss these!

But - back to the present....... my card today covers two challenges - the color challenge on Split Coast to use Rose Red, Kraft and Black - and the Double Dog Dare challenge I do each Tues with a group of SCS friends. This weeks Double Dare hostess - Joanne (sleepyinseattle) sent us two Stamping Bella Fairy images to chose from to use on a card - we also had to add some glitter - it is a fairy after all!!!
I don't know why - but I don't have many fairy images and I rarely use them - so it was fun playing with this image today! I watercolored her dress using my Rose Red ink pad and my aquapainter and colored the rest with Copics. I outlined it all with a grey Prismacolor marker.
I added the gemstones around her dress and on her flower - and circled her wrists with pearls! (Every girl has to have a string of pearls right?!?!)
I punched the designer paper with my new Fiskars scallop punch which I love ! I'd been trying to get it and I finally found it in stock at All that Scraps. I added the punched butterflies to give some dimension to the card. The kraft card stock is kind of opposite in feeling to a glittery light fairy so I tried to soften it by dry embossing it with the Leafy Branch Cuttlebug folder.
You can check out the other Double Dare cards here to see how they used their fairies on a card!
Oh and before I forget! Tomorrow is the Artful Inkables Design Team Challenge - and it's a Limited Supplies challenge given to us by Ink Girl Kim this week.
So come and check it out and you can also play along!! - see all the deets on my blog first thing tomorrow morning! It'll be posted here at 7 am EST!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Stamps: Stamping Bella Fairy, dream: Text Boxed - PTI
Paper: Rose Red, Kraft, basic black: SU, DP - my minds eye - 29th st, beautiful blossoms
Ink: Rose Red - SU, Onyx black versafine
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Leafy branch folder, oval punches, foam dimensionals, gemstones, pearl stickers, butterfly punch - Martha Stewart, aquapainter, Copics, Prismacolor marker, Fiskars scallop punch

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sweet card Julia and CONGRATS!!!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Hey Julia! love your fairy and the bling too!
I have a couple of H and M cabin cards to post in the next week or so, so watch for them!

Shirley said...

Julia, this is just a really adorable card! Congratulations too!

dpkennedy said...

Wow Julia-Big Congratulations!! Your card is so pretty! I love that fairy image and your coloring is great!

Denise Marzec said...

Big CONGRATS on the H&M spot, Julia! Whoo-hooo!

Donna Baker said...

congratulations on DT for H&M stamps, look forward to seeing what you make. this card is sweet -love the gems on the hem of her dress.

Deb Neerman said...

How'd I miss this great news?!?!

Congratulations, Julia, they're sooooo lucky to have you!!!

Super card, too, btw! I got so excited about your news I kinda forgot about the card!