Sunday, April 23, 2017

Three Feathers

I finally had a chance to make a card Just for fun!  
I've been doing a total cleaning out of my craft room (ongoing for 3 weeks so far and expected to take 3 weeks more at least!)  and I found some beautiful feathers! 
I did the in-laid die technique for the birthday piece -  die cutting the word out of the Vintage Cream panel, cutting it again out of a piece of sanded Kraft Core Core-dinations paper and inserting that piece in the space where I removed the cream piece.
This makes for a perfect masculine card with these colors -  but would also work for a female!

My card design was inspired by:

Just before the bell!  Link up by 4/24!
I used stamping, inlaid die cutting, feathers, sanding (of die cut), and rhinestones.


Stamps:  Studio Calico Limited Edition
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate - PTI, Kraft Core Core-dinations.
Ink:  Cocoa Bean - PTI
Accessories:  Wonderful Words Birthday Die - PTI, mini sander - Ranger, feathers from stash, rhinestones - Kaiser Craft.

12 comments:

Samra said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous card Julia! Love the feathers and the colors. Just stunning! So striking and elegant.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!

Loll said...

LOVE those feathers!! Always fun to clean out and find some treasure. Awesome masculine card! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Glad you paused for some creativity in the midst of the whirlwind re-organisation! I love this card - those feathers were definitely a lucky find. I know there are treasures hiding in the depths of my craft room - one day I might find time to dig them out!
Alison x

Bonnie said...

I love this, Julia! The feathers are so pretty and you've matched the colors perfectly!

nancy littrell said...

I totally cleaned and purged my stamping room a couple months ago and found my box of feathers :-) I maybe CASE'ing your beautiful CAS design in the future my friend. I love your colors and inlaid sentiment too. TFS Julia. Hugs...

P.S. Denny really liked your card too :-)

Redanne said...

I really love the look of the inlaid technique, I really must try that sometime. The feathers are gorgeous, your card is beautiful.

One slight word of caution, I finished doing my craft room a couple of weeks ago and now I cannot find a thing!!! LOL> Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love those feathers.

Rocky said...

Gorgeous feathers and the inlaid technique looks great too. Thank you for joining us at HOC.

Nancy said...

What a lovely card, Julia! Those feathers are so pretty, and perfect for our challenge!
Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! :o)

Trina P. said...

Love this card. Beautiful colours and layout. Would make a great masculine card.

craftysahmiam said...

Neat that you found those perfect for our challenge feathers in your stash and put them to use creating this super CAS card ! Thanks for sharing with us at House of Cards.