Monday, February 20, 2017

Sympathetic Birthdays

I'm trying to get my cards posted for the Papertrey Ink 10 year celebration before the deadline!! - so I have 3 to share today.
I just loved Betsy's sample card here using the 2008 set Out on a Limb so I decided to CASE it in a more CAS design and using a sympathy sentiment from Out on a Limb Sentiments.  I stamped the images on a panel of watercolor paper and layered it to Dark Chocolate and then a Vintage Cream Base.  I used both Prairie Grass and Blueberry Sky inks on the leaves to give a two tone look. I added tiny rhinestones to 3 of the leaves - can you see them?!

For the year 2013, I used the Watercolor Wonder set along with sentiments from Wet Paint (from 2014) to make a masculine birthday card - using Vintage Jadeite and Cocoa Bean colors along with metallic sequins.
here's what I stamped on the inside using the same sentiment set.
For the 2014 celebration - I used Wet Paint (same as above's card sentiments) making this one CAS and happy by using Hibiscus Burst, Vintage Jadeite and Blueberry Sky inks and some tiny rhinestones on the end of each word!
Here's the inside of this card using the same stamp set.
I have really enjoyed getting out my older Papertrey Ink stamp sets and using them again!  I especially liked finding all the sentiments in each set that I had forgotten and can use on my new  cards!  I think we stampers keep buying new sets and forget what we have!

I'm also linking my sympathy card to:
Addicted to CAS


Also linking my Happy Happy Happy card to the following challenges:

Less is More - Alphabet

Sympathy:
Stamps:  Out On a Limb, Out on a Limp Sentiments - PTI
Paper:  Arches Watercolor Paper, Dark Chocolate and Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink:  Prairie Grass, Blueberry Sky, Cocoa Bean - PTI
Accessories:  Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions

Enjoy Your Day:
Stamps:Water Color Wonder, Wet Paint - PTI
Paper:  White, Vintage Jadeite - PTI
Ink:  Vintage Jadeite, Cocoa Bean
Accessories:  Metallic Sequins

Happy Happy Happy:
Stamps:  Wet Paint - PTI
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Vintage Jadeite, Blueberry Sky
Accessories:  Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love those dainty branches! Such a serene sympathy card! Both the birthday cards are happy and fun! Great designs, Julia!

Samra said...

Gorgeous work as always Julia! Love the designs on all the cards and striking poise and elegance.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Esther Asbury said...

Great cards -- I love the Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday one! So fun!

Sarah G said...

Great cards, Julia! I love those sentiment stamps and I love the bright colours and repeat stamping on your happy card - it makes me smile :) Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love all your cards, Julie! The big, bold sentiments is perfect for our challenge. The colors just pop off the white background. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Ellenor said...

Your card is a perfect CAS card, and it is sooo beautiful! Love it!

Thank you for playing along with us at ATCAS - Ellenor - DT

Esther said...

Three beautiful cards Julia, so elegant and crisp in style. I love the repeated sentiment on your third card - perfect for our "alphabet" theme as well as pretty and eye catching! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Inkyfingers said...

Your happy card is such a lovely CAS design Julia and the colours make me smile!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Loll said...

Beautiful array of cards, Julia. Each one is so unique and creative. Looks like you're taking advantage of all the "extra" time retirement brings. :) xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A wonderful bunch of loveliness here. I adore those BOLD sentiments and in the pretty colours you've used for the Less is More challenge it makes a fun and stylish card. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More. Sarah

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great selection of cards Julia - I love your bold sentiments and bright colours. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Unknown said...

I love the cards that you have shared here. I especially like that you have showed the inside of the cards! We often get so excited about the cover that we forget about the inside! Can't wait for more! Also you mention the stamps that were used. Can you tell me what company they are from and/or do you sell them?

Thanks!

LeAnne said...

Wonderful way to use those older stamps....and yes, we get hung up on using new stuff and forget our oldies but goodies! I have been dusting off a few of them myself lately! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A trio of terrific cards Julia. Adore the delicate branches on the first card, the bold swipes of colour on the second and then the sentiment in three colours on the last one is super! Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx