Saturday, June 13, 2015

You Make All the Difference

I had creative fun making my card today trying out some new techniques. 
I made the background using a Tim Holtz Stripes stencil and some Distress Spray Stains.  First, I laid the stencil top to bottom on my white cardstock panel and sprayed over it lightly with Peacock Feathers Distress Spray Stain.  I removed the stencil, wiped it off with a baby wipe and dried the panel with my heat tool.  Then I turned the panel 1/4 turn and laid the stencil over it and sprayed with Wild Honey Distress Spray Stain to create a plaid!
I used my Poppy Stamps Stitched Landscape die to cut the panel - since this is a stitched die - I cut both the top and bottom with the die so you could see the stitches (probably not so important with the plaid on this - but you'd definitely notice the lack of stitching on one side on a plain panel!)  I've seen this sentiment technique on so many blogs and was dying to try it out myself.  I like it!
The sentiment is from Say It Loud by Waltzingmouse and being a clear stamp I could bend it a little to fit the curve.  I adhered the panels to the card base with foam tape so they are popped up.  I added sequins for a little sparkle!
I'm linking my card to the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - Sprays/Mists.
I'm heading out to the garden this morning to do a little weeding!  Happy weekend everyone!


9 comments:

Pamellia said...

Genius stencil work! I was stumped on how you did that one for a second there. haha! I love how you made that swirl valley for your sentiment, and I'm a brand new fan of sequins lately! lol. hugs :)

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely brilliant Julia.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this! Great looking plaid, and the stitching does show! Clever!! Hugs.

Terry said...

Love your plaid technique! Julia, the stenciling is wonderful. Happy Weekend!

Loll said...

So clever how you've made your own plaid Julia. Love how you've separated the panels ... and your sentiment that fits along the curve. Awesome design! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Deb said...

Love your plaid design Julia and the stitch detail really adds to your design. Lovely card!

Unknown said...

Such a FUN card, Julia! :) I love its clean and simple look and those sequins bling this up perfectly! Playful and sweet to the MAX!! XOXO-Shari

Kylie said...

Very clever techniques and cool design. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

LesleyG said...

I love your card, and that sentiment technique is fab. I quickly read your profile, and decided, as I live in Kent, England, to click the follow button!. I bet your hubby is as lovely as my county! xxx