Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 - June tag

I was SO excited when I saw Tim's June tag because I have almost everything that he used on it - whoo hoo (which definitely means I'm buying WAY too much STUFF!! AND I said the same thing last month!!?)  So, anyway, here's Tim's tag!
You will find ALL the details of how Tim put his together here so I won't go into ALL of the details.  I actually made my plaid background differently than Tim did his (I know, I'm such a renegade!) - and I used shades of blues rather than greens.
I made my plaid background by spraying 3 colors of Distress Spray Stains first vertically, then horizontally over the Stripes stencil, dabbing the tag with paper towels after each spraying - I used Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers.  I  substituted an Enameled Tag pinned onto the Linen Ribbon, rubbing the edges with Weathered Wood Distress Paint and adding Remnant Rubs/Words to it.  You can just barely see my Coredinations blue straw sticking up through the 'whipped cream' cover - it really blends in with the blue plaid in my photo!  I rubbed Picket Fence Distress Paint over the back of the acetate cover to make the whipped cream!
I used a blue piece of burlap from Die Cuts with a View that I sponged with Vintage Photo and a Big Chat sticker on my banner.  I added another Remnant Rub/Special Delivery to the bottom corner.  I made myself do the stitching over the burlap since I do have a craft sewing machine - I don't know why I shy away from using it!!??!
The fun surprise with Tim's design - is that you can slip a gift card behind the drink cup!  The cup is attached to the tag with two thin strips of foam tape along the top edge (near the cover) and along the bottom edge - so, as you see here, the card can slip right through!  I colored my Mirrored Star with two Alcohol Inks - Sail Boat Blue and Espresso.
I always layer my tags to a slightly larger piece of black cardstock - mostly to hide all the mess that gets on the back (like the back side of staples, inks from working on the craft mat and stitching!)  So I added a Journaling Ticket as well in case I wanted to write a message.
I love my tag in blue!  and all the fun techniques we used on it this month (even though I revised a few things!)
I'll be back tomorrow with the new Fusion Challenge!  Hope to see you then -  it's the last Fusion Challenge until September (we're taking a little summer break)!
Paper:  #8 Manilla tag - Ranger, True Black, Kraft, white - PTI, clear acetate, blue - Coredinations/Tim Holtz, corregated cardbord (recycled Starbucks sleeve)
Ink:  Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Peacock Feathers
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Stains - Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers; Stripes Stencil - Tim Holtz, Ranger Distress Paints - Weathered Wood, Picket Fence; Idea-ology - Mirrored Stars, Linen Ribbon, Jute String, Enameled Tags, Remnant Rubs/Words, Remnant Rubs/Special Delivery, Loop Inks, Journaling Ticket, Big Chat Stickers; sewing machine, Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Sailboat Blue, Espresso.

11 comments:

Samra said...

Blue is my favorite color Julia so you definitely made it super pleasing for my eyes :) Great take on Tim's tag :) I don't have anything other than a star, so it will be quite expensive tag for me...getting all that stuff...oh well, I said I would do it for a year, and I don't break promises, even the ones made to my own self...Have a wonderful day my dear!

Lee-Anne said...

LOL about having way too much stuff, Julia :) Love this is in the blues. I too have a crafty sewing machine and tend not to use it either...why is that?

Pamellia said...

Wonderful take on Tim's tag Julia! I love that you used blues instead of greens, makes the tag more airy! Your blue star really grabs the eye, great detail!! Your 'renegade' actions are what makes your version unique! hugs :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE all the tiny details, that blue really caught my eye. Awesome tag mf!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wowie, Julia, I love your tag, too! It's not only a work of art, but useful, too! Excellent work!!

Loll said...

So cool!! LOVE your tag ... the blue and brown are awesome together. xx

Redanne said...

Definitely love the blue in the background, it really makes the cup stand out beautifully on your lovely tag. Sadly I don't have the die so goodness knows what I will use this time. Hugs, Anne xx

Deepti said...

This is s cool!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is soooo fun, Julia!! I may like your June Tim tag more than Tim's ;) :) Love the blue colors you've used and love how you've mounted your tag onto a black background! That really makes it pop even more!! Good Luck!! XOXO-Shari

Words and Pictures said...

Love your bluesy version - great take on the June tag. Not sure I'm going to get this one done if I don't get my skates on!
Alison xx

Candy C said...

Fabulous take on Tim's tag! I really love your blue palette!!!