Tuesday, June 23, 2015

PTI - Make It Monday - Bringing the Inside Out

I'm up late, once again, happily stamping - but morning comes early (!)  so I'm making a quick post.  I made this card for the PTI Make It Monday challenge "Bringing the Inside Out".  You'll find the challenge and a video by Danielle here.
Here are several views of my card using this technique.  I made a Teacher Thank You card using stamps from Desk Top Design and dies from Desk Top Design Dies and Shaker Shape: Pencil.  
Here's the card closed.
and as we open it - we see the pencil is staying behind!
Here's the front with the pencil die opening
 and here is the inside of the card.  I love the little cup on the desk with the scissors and pencils sticking out of it -  I just stamped half of the desk.
Ok - Sorry to post and run - but I'm off to bed!   

Stamps:  Desk Top Design - PTI
Paper:  Vintage Cream, True Black, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Text Style Library Ledger - PTI, Brushed Gold - SU
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow, Tropical Teal, Classic Kraft, Orange Zest - PTI
Accessories:  dies - Desk Top Design Dies, Shaker Shape/Pencil Dies - PTI, foam dots.

17 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE your card...so stinkin' clever and fabulous too! I am in love with this and cannot wait to make one too.

Jill Norwood said...

Julia what a fabulous card to thank a teacher! I love the little pencil cup too! A truly inspired design my dear!

Birgit said...

So adorable clever to use that fun pencil for a peek-a-boo window! This is just darling!

Samra said...

WOW! This is sooo cool! Love it!!!

Pamellia said...

What a great layout Julia, I just love how you made the window! Fabulous card for a teacher! hugs :)

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, cute card Julia! This will definitely bring a smile to the teachers face! :0)

Linda said...

Such an adorable card for a teacher. Very cute.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a darling card!! Using half the desk was superb!!
Hugs!

Annette Allen said...

oh my that card is so cool.. i love that pencil.. awesome teacher card.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super COOL!!

Unknown said...

Too cute!! This is a card that a teacher would be so thrilled to receive!! Just darling!! XOXO-Shari

Loll said...

Very creative and fun Julia!! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so much fun Julia--super creative!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Julia! Great take on the challenge!

Deepti said...

Soooo very very creative :)

Nancy Penir said...

I just love it, Julia. Your pencil's the star of the card, gorgeous. And I think the half desk with the pencils and scissors are adorable!

Danielle Flanders said...

Adorable!