Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Simple 'Love You'

I don't know about your husbands - but mine is not really into frilly/mushy/ribbony when it comes to cards - so I try to accommodate his artistic senses when I make cards to give to him!   
So today's card has two simple die cut rectangles cut out of the front panel - and they are Stitched Edge Dies from Waltzingmouse so they have a nice finished off look to them with the stitched edge!   Then I simply stamped one word in each rectangle (Your Sparkle set) with Smokey Shadow Ink - and an arrow and a heart from Sweethearts with Kraft Ink - for a soft subtle look - no bright reds or flurry of hearts!
And I kept the inside clean as well, using more stamps from Sweethearts. This card could also be used for Valentine's Day with a different sentiment inside (!)
Our anniversary has just passed - so this will be put in the closet to be brought out next year - hopefully I remember it's there!!!
My design was inspired by the Less is More Challenge

Tomorrow I'll be back with my DT creation for the July Mixed Media Card Challenge -  I hope you can stop by!!
Stamps:  Your Sparkle, Sweethearts - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice - PTI
Ink:  Smokey Shadow, Kraft - PTI
Accessories:  Stitched Edge Dies - Waltzingmouse, foam dots.

12 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Well this is the perfect nonfrilly nonmushy card with lots of thought. Great for a guy!

~amy~ said...

Great masculine card Julia!
Your happy mail went out today!

Samra said...

Stunning simple elegance!!! Love it!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful CAS card Julia! Great stamp set and those stitched rectangles may have to go on my wish list!! Love that colour, it just pops! hugs :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Bold, crisp, clean and super CAS Julia
Great interpretation of the sketch and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's a perfect MANLY card, Julia! I love it, really and will keep this one as an idea for future needs.
Hugs!!

Redanne said...

Such a wonderful masculine card Julia, I really love the simplicity and elegance of it and I really would like to get my hands on the stitched rectangles... Hugs, Anne xx

Redanne said...

Forgot to say congratulations on your win over at Art With Heart!! A xx

Loll said...

Great design, Julia!! Perfect masculine "love" card. :) xx

Anne said...

Very, very stylish Julia, great take on our sketch!
Thanks for joining us this week
Anne
Less is More

Unknown said...

Darling Card, Julia!! Happy Belated Anniversary!! XOXO-Shari

Neets B said...

Great use of our sketch and you've nailed the 'love card for a guy' scenario!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More