Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monday Noel

Today I have a card that combines two of my favorite Monday Challenges.
First -  Merry Monday  was to use a Christmas word and decorate each letter
  I die cut the "noel' from PTI block letters and decorated them with tiny twinkles from Taylored Expressions
I used red sparkle card stock for the base, layering a striped and black piece die cut with Mega Mat stack layers.  I punched the drippy snow/icicles out of watercolor paper so it has some texture and popped it up on foam dots across the panel.  I adhered the letters along the top edge of the drippy snow.
and the Cure for the Monday Blues challenge was this photo inspiration.  I was inspired by the red/black/white colors, the striped mug, the black frame and chair for my card design.
 I'll be back on Thursday with my card for the new Fusion Card Challenge 
and on April 30th I'll be starting 3 days of sneak peeks for the May Waltzingmouse release along with the rest of the WMS Design Team - fun stuff coming!

Paper:  white, True Black - PTI, watercolor paper - Ranger, glitter red - Michaels, DP - Sn@p/Simple Stories.
Accessories:  drip punch - Martha Stewart, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Block Alphabet die and Mega Stack 3 Dies - PTI, Glue N Seal - Ranger, foam dots, Zig Glue Pen



17 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty Christmas card Julia! Love the shimmery background and icicle trimming!

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Julia! Love, love, love the noel and how you decorated each letter with the pretty red rhinestones! The red & white striped paper goes so perfectly with the red glittery paper too! Wonderful design! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Deepti said...

This is so pretty. love the icicles :)

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I love how you used the punch for the snow, very creative!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this, Julia! The icicle trim is the perfect touch. I am going to have to look for that! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Annette Allen said...

totally love this.. the strips really do make the sentiment pop..

Marybeth said...

I love this Julia! How neat that you could combine this with another challenge that is not even Christmas Such a cute idea with the icicles.
Hope you had a nice Easter.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very pretty card! I traveled your blog a bit, very nice art!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Julia! Love the red rhinestones on the letters and how the black frame makes everything pop! Love that drippy snow too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

I like your colours Julia and how you decorated the letters and added the icicle panel. Thanks for joining us this week and playing along with my challenge at Merry Monday.

Emily Keaton said...

So sweet!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love those colours - and that glitter paper is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Your drippy snow makes a perfect ledge for your sentiment! Great idea for grounding it. Gorgeous card, especially with all that sparkle going on in the background : )

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Julia, I love the icicle trim and letters with gems. Thank you for Playing along with us for Merry Monday.

LeAnne said...

Love this, Julia! Your noel is pretty in & of itself, but on its icicle "shelf", it really stands out! Sweet! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Katie Melhus said...

Gorgeous card! I love your NOEL and that snowy ledge it's sitting on, what a great take on the challenge :) So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

Taheerah said...

It's so cool how you managed to pull a Christmas card out from the photo inspiration! The red and stripes echo the inspiration so well! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!