Thursday, March 22, 2018

I've got a Creative Card posting over at A Vintage Journey

This year, the A Vintage Journey challenge blog is having a Creative Card posted by one of the Creative Guides on the 4th Friday of every month.

And I'm the lucky one to be doing the first post which has just gone live! 
 (the blog lives in England so is 5 hours ahead of me on the east coast of the USA).

Here is the Mixed Media card I created.
I'd love for you to check out my tutorial over at the A Vintage Journey blog here!

Stamps:  Sets #44 and #45 By Tracy Evans - AALL and Create
Paper:  Kraft, White, True Black - PTI,  DP Worn Wall Paper - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology
Ink:  Hero Arts Black, True Black - PTI, Versamark
Accessories:  PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics in Limelight, Tango, Claret, Beach Hut and Zesty Zing, Ranger Heat it Tool, Flag It Die - Taylored Expressions, Baked Texture Patina Oxide, Baked Texture Vintage Beeswax - Seth Apter/Emerald Creek, Small Talk/Snarky -  Idea-ology.

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

OMG Julia, such an awesome tutorial and love all those layers and techniques. I want/need some of those Seth Apter texture powder, you have convinced me to buy :) I wish you lived close by we could have so much fun.

Susan said...

Julia, I'm in awe of your mixed media skills. I'd love to take lessons from you. There are so many techniques I could learn. But meanwhile, thank you for the tutorial - great step-by-step! I love the finished result, especially the beautiful blue/gold patina on the edges.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Mixed Media layering, Julia. I am off to check out your step by step tutorial. I always am so inspired by your tutorials and finished products. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Bonnie said...

Awesome, my friend! I enjoyed reading all the details! Thanks for taking the time to do a tutorial!

sarascloset said...

Such a wonderful card, Julia! I love the depth you've achieved with your paints and Beeswax and Patina powders! Just lovely, and a job well done on the tutorial at A Vintage Journey. I hope you are starting to thaw out! Hugs and Happy Passion Sunday!

A Pink said...

Really love your card , Julia. You have shared some great techniques that have come together to create a wonderful outcome.
Hope you have a lovely week
x

Lucy said...

Julia, your card is so beautiful. You have no need for fear and trepidation. It is lovely and inspiring and perfect for the first monthly AVJ card post.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is fantastic, Julia! I was not sure where I should write my comment on your card, and I did it at the AVJ blog. Hideko :-)

Mac Mable said...

Just found time to read the step by step post (sorry about that) and how you made this fabulous mixed media card. Great techniques and love how you've used the elements all together. Learnt lots too and thank you for the inspiration x