Saturday, February 17, 2018

A Basket of Daffs

I have another Easter card to share -  with snow predicted for tonight (3-6"!) I'm going to just stare at my card and pretend it's spring!
I colored my image with Tombow markers and brushed over it with a Clear Glitter Wink of Stalla - so it looks really sparkly in the right light!
My card was inspired by two challenges.
The Inspiration Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers was a web site selling all kinds of gorgeous Iris - but not having any Iris - I used Daffodils!

And I used the Freshly Made Sketch for my design.
Also linking my card to:



Stamps:  Spring Baskets - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Hero Arts Black
Accessories:  Tombow Markers, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella, foam dots, enamel dots - Stamplorations, circle Nestability, butterfly embossing strip - Tim Holtz/Alterations Springtime Background, chevron embossing strip - Cuttlebug.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Our daffodils are blooming and so are the cherry trees! I hope they don't get hit with a deep freeze now that they say it's spring! Your daffodils are so cheerful and pretty! Your shades of yellow are so true!

Christine Alexander said...

even we in (British columbia are expecting snow) bring on spring :)
wonderfully spring like card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Julia! Love the pretty daffodils! Sending warm and sunny thoughts your way!

nancy littrell said...

Such a pretty and sweet basket of daffodils, Julia. Ours are starting to bud, with our early..false Spring. Now it is pouring down rain and windy and may even get rain mixed with snow the next several days..at least it is the kind of snow that does not stick, but will be in the 20'sand 30's after 3 days ago when it was sunny and 65 degrees. Sounds like fickle Spring weather..lol! TFS your refreshing and pretty CAS design, my friend. Hugs..

Susan said...

Julia, what a perfect taste of spring! Love your basket of daffodils and also love your two embossed strips behind it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! What a gorgeous clean card with sweet image and fab texture. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is gorgeous Julia! Such a pretty and happy spring-like image that is beautifully coloured with a hint of sparkle too - what's not to love about that? And your embossing behind it is super-crisp on those lovely designs. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Julia. So fresh and springy. The embossing behind your beautifully coloured image is perfect. Your card really makes me wish spring was here already. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x