Sunday, December 10, 2017

Retirement Succulent

I retired last January (Yippee!)  and on Tuesday a former co-worker is retiring and her department is having a party for her - so I needed a retirement card.
My card design was inspired by this card by Becky - the Featured Stamper over on Splitcoaststampers this week.

I used a succulent rather than a cactus (or I guess a cactus IS a succulent??!), changed the design slightly.

I didn't make mine a shaker - but did add clear sequins scattered about to give the impression of a shaker!

I colored my image using Tombow Markers and a Clear Glitter Wink of Stella to spread the color around - so IRL it is quite sparkly in the light!

I'm also linking my card to:

Stamps:Succulents - Altenew
Paper: Bristol Smooth Surface, White and Text Stye Distressed Dots - PTI
Ink:True Black - PTI, Black Heros Hue
Accessories: Succulent dies - Altenew, Lacy circle die - Waltzingmouse (retired), Flag It - Taylored Espressions, Noted: Scalloped A2 - PTI, foam dots, Tombow Markers, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella, washi tape, clear sequins, Tombow Glue





7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Retirement is definitely something to celebrate! Your friend will love this card!

Redanne said...

A beautiful retirement card Julia, the sequins are a lovely addition! Hugs, Anne xx

Christine Alexander said...

Such a pretty Retirement card, It's so much fun to have more time with friends :)

Words and Pictures said...

Yes, I think a cactus is a succulent too - but I'm no expert. A lovely retirement card - hope your colleague enjoys it as much as you are!
Alison x

laurie said...

Beautiful retirement card!Your co worker will love it!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your former co-worker is lucky to receive this lovely card, Julia! The distress dots paper background is perfect for the succulent. I love your beautiful blue/green coloring! Hideko :-)

Julie B said...

Fab retirement card Julia, your co worker will love it.
Thanks for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with dies. :)