Sunday, November 19, 2017

O Come all Ye Faithful

I have two cards to share today that I was inspired to make from the Featured Stamper challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  HelenG was the featured stamper and I CASED her card here.
Hers was a congrats card - I made mine Christmas - but used the same fun Center Step Fold for the card design.
The carolers are cut from the Victorian Carolers Die, which I have, but I received these two already cut in an order from The Funkie Junkie Boutique  -  Linda always includes seasonal treats in every order you get from her!  The music page was also in my packet - I think it's from Idea-ology Christmas Ephemera.
Here's the fiddler.
and here's the female caroler -  so vintage looking and perfect for a Christmas card!
I splattered some white acrylic paint over the front to simulate snow -    It's so difficult to splatter evenly -  I should have practiced a bit before doing it on the card - a few of my splatters are pretty big!?!

I'm linking my cards to:
Anything Goes

Anything Goes



Paper:  White - PTI, Paper Stash/Tidings - Tim Holtz Idea-ology 
Accessories:  foam dots, white acryic paint, brush, Victorian Carolers Die -Tim Holtz/Alterations, music sheet/Christmas Ephemera Pack - Idea-ology











11 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

awesome step cards, The vintage paper is perfect for your carolers :)

Words and Pictures said...

I do love those carollers - and this card design is just perfect for them.
Alison x

Pamellia said...

Hi Julia. These are fabulous! I love the layout of these, with those additional panels, very unique! The music sheets are definitely a great addition, and your papers are so festive! What a fantastic holiday card set!! I'm still working on reconnecting with everyone after my time away this last year. Hope all has been well with you. hugs :)

nancy littrell said...

Love your vintage carolers step cards, Julia. I know what you mean about the splatters. I have learned to dilute my paint quite a bit and do my 1st splatter on a scrap paper. I also seem to do better with a flat paint brush. I still love your cards. TFS my friend. Hugs

Susan said...

Great old-fashioned look to these. Love the silhouette figures against the music and vintage-style dp.

Bonnie said...

Love the sheet music and the carolers, Julia! They are perfect for the step card!

Redanne said...

I always love the look of stepper cards and these are wonderful Julia - you can't go wrong with Carollers and Christmas music sheets - your cards are beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Caren B said...

Great cards, like the old fashioned look. Thanks for joining the Merry Christmas Challenge.

SewPaperPaint said...

Such awesome designs each one! I am so in love with the carolers and finally have my own die. :) Thanks for inspiring me.

Jackie C said...

Love it. Thank so much for sharing with us at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck and do come back. Jackie DT member xx

Cazro said...

Two fabulous cards, great idea. Thanks for playing along at
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenges. Caz DT.