Saturday, August 19, 2017

Sizzix Maker Challenge - Using Eileen Hull's Heartfelt House Pocket Die

Have you seen the Sizzix Maker Challenge?  You can find it HERE
There is a great prize for a lucky winner! (see end of my post) To join in on the challenge, you need to use Eileen Hull's Heartfelt House Pocket Stitchlits die.  You can also use the Stitchy Flowers & Leaf die and Birds & Butterflies die if you'd like to. But the main focus should be the House/Pocket Die.  

I used the House Pocket die and also the Stitchy Flowers and Leaf die.  I made a patchwork home using the house pocket die and some of Tim Holtz' Textiles and I added flowers using the Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Die.  I layered it all onto a 6" x 8" burlap panel.
 
A home has always been an important place for me.  I lived in the same house growing up until I got married and my parents continued to live there the rest of their lives.  I have since lived in one apartment and two houses but I always make where ever I live mine by decorating with things I love.
I die cut all the pieces out of the cloth and then cut them out of Grunge Board and glued the cloth to the board to add firmness and dimension to the individual pieces.
I colored two square Idea-ology Fragments with Butterscotch and Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Inks for the glass in the windows.  I just glued the fabric window cuts over the glass.  I added an Idea-ology Hitch Fastener for the doorknob.
I cut several Stitched Flowers out of Core-dinations paper and layered them together using 
Idea-ology Hex Fasteners.  I added some Idea-ology Big Chat Stickers and Letter Press letters
Here you can see the dimension on the windows and door (I added foam tape behind the door) - the roof is also raised above the house base.
 (I cut a separate roof portion of the house die so I could layer it).
I love my little house!  and I'll display it in my big house!
 
Here is the prize, which includes Eileen's fabulous Journal die:
You can see more details of the challenge here:
and you can enter your photo of your project here:
(Select the Eileen Hull Maker Challenge)
You can't win if you don't join in!
 
Paper:  Core-dinations
Ink:  Adirondack Alcohol Inks Butterscotch and Sunshine Yellow
Accessories:  House Pocket Die, Stitchy Flowers and Leaf die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Tim Holtz TextilesIdea-ology Grunge Board, 6"x8" Burlap Panel, Letter Press, Fragments, Hitch Fastener, Hex Fasterners, Big Chat Stickers, Alcohol Blending Solution, Tombow Glue, foam tape.

10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic canvas!

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, Julia! So much interest!

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is fantastic!

Redanne said...

Julia, I love this! I love that you made the elements from fabric and it looks amazing mounted onto the hessian! xx

nancy littrell said...

Wow...Julia, your mixed media house will be a gorgeous display of your art in your own home:-) TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs...

Mac Mable said...

I bet your adorable and cute 'little' house looks fabulous in your big house...Love the texture and the creative layout x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow! This little house is chock-full of amazing details! I love that you tinted the windows! Well, I love it all, but that was something that really surprised me. LOL
Hugs!!

Words and Pictures said...

Completely delightful - your rustic patchwork house looks just adorable against the burlap background - definitely one of my favourite projects using this charming die.
Alison x

SewPaperPaint said...

You really rocked this challenge Julia! Your piece is so amazing and would be beautiful to hang and admire continually. You are such a versatile crafter and always leave me inspired. Big hugs, Autumn

Annette Allen said...

oh wow this is AWESOME.. great designing.