Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Birthday, Bird!

I have a 'bird' birthday card to share today that was inspired by three of this weeks blog challenges.
I stenciled a panel of white card with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Ink over Tim Holtz Scribble stencil.  I die cut the bird from Tim's Caged Bird die out of Coredinations Paper, sanded the pieces and layered it over the stenciled panel with foam dots, adding a black pearl eye.  I stamped the sentiment under the right corner of the panel in black ink. 
Here are the challenges that inspired my design:

Stamps:  Man of the Hour - Waltzingmouse (no longer available)
Paper:  White - PTI, Orange and Black - Coredinations
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Faded Jeans - Ranger Distress Oxide Ink
Accessories:  Caged Bird Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, foam dots, black pearl - Kaiser Craft, mini sander - Ranger, Scribbles Stencil - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous.

8 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's perfect! I love the addition of the red bird - it makes it so festive!

froebelsternchen said...

A lovely card - beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

Annette Allen said...

lovely card..

Nonni said...

Isn't your bird a cutie! I love the way you used the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty CAS card, Julia! I love how the bird looks like he's perched in front of a trellis!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love that bird!

LeAnne said...

I love your rustic little bird, especially with the pretty background! So sweet! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!