Thursday, May 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop

Today I'm participating in the May Papertrey Ink blog hop.  
This month Nicole has chosen this photo to inspire us.
 I was inspired by this sympathy card of Heather's for my technique and stamp set choice.
I inked various stamps from my much neglected  Brushed Blooms stamp set using Orange Zest, Blueberry Sky and Hibiscus Burst - then spritzed each stamp with water and stamped them on watercolor paper.  I spritzed water over each stamping I did on the watercolor paper, then dried with my heat tool before moving onto the next stamping.  I over stamped the larger blooms and the orange blooms with straight ink.   I die cut GOD out of black card and black embossed the psalm -  both from Inspired: God.  I layered the watercolor panel to a slightly larger panel of Blueberry Sky and adhered that to a Vintage Cream card base.

You have all day today to join in on this month's blog hop -  I'm off to check out the other hoppers!
Stamps:  Inspired - God, Brushed Blooms - PTI
Paper:  white, Blueberry Sky - PTI,  Arches Watercolor paper.
Ink:  Blueberry Sky, Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest, True Black - PTI,  Versamark
Accessories: God die - Inspired-God - PTI, foam dots, black rhinestones - The Ton, black embossing powder, heat tool, water mister.

25 comments:

tonyamaries said...

This very pretty!

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is so pretty! The Floral is beautiful!

Carmela said...

Love those bold, big flowers! Beautiful job.

Wanda Cullen said...

Julia, this is a stunning take on the photo! Such a lovely sympathy card!

Monika Reeck said...

woow Julia I love the painting looks of your card
this is STUNNING
looks like you really painted it
love love
hugs
Monika

DIANA L. said...

WOW i love your BIG flowers.

Linda said...

Lovely water color look. So pretty.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous! I really love those blue leaves.

Kathryn A said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the soft outline--perfect for this sentiment.

Imke said...

Fabulous take with the Inspiration picture and great watercoloring !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Julia! The water colored look is fabulous and really like your layout too! And what a perfect sentiment! :0)

Rosemary said...

love your take on the inspiration photo... beautiful card!!

Sadie said...

Very pretty card! It has such a pretty softness in the watercoloring that makes a beautiful background for the sentiment. Nicely done!!

Redanne said...

Such a wonderful technique Julia, one I wish I could do! You have achieved an amazing result, I love the beautiful flowers and the sentiment looks so striking! Hugs, Anne xx

Marybeth said...

So pretty Julia! I love that you spritzed the stamped images , what a beautiful card for the hop!

Luanne said...

Such a lovely softness to you blooms! The spritzing added a perfect touch!

lainey said...

Your spritzed images look wonderful! Blushed Blooms is one of my favorite stamp sets.

Vikki H said...

Your soft effect on the blooms by spritzing the stamps with water is perfect! Beautiful card!

Brenda Brown said...

Such a pretty card Julia with beautiful blooms and colour palette. Xxx

nancy littrell said...

Thank you Julia for sharing your beautifully watercolored floral image and wonderful sentiment. Hugs....

Susan said...

So lovely in those soft colours!

Kathy Mc said...

Julia, this is beautiful. I never have good luck spritzing but you sure did. Think I need to practice and really consider the best stamps to use for better results.

Loll said...

Beautiful, soft watercolouring Julia. xx

Bonnie said...

I always end up with a mess when I try this technique. I love your soft watercolor flowers!

CherylQuilts said...

Julia, this is gorgeous, and I love the watercolor technique. Beautifully done, and I especially love this die and sentiment set. Must have from! Hugs!