Monday, May 15, 2017

Mid Month - May CAS Mix Up Challenge Reminder!

Today I'd like to remind everyone that we're mid month through the May CAS Mix Up Challenge!  You have until May 24th to link up your card using the following instructions from this month's hostess Loll:
For this card I used stamping, splattering with watered down white acrylic paint, a die cut sentiment out of felt, black pearls and I personalized it with a name label.
First, I cut a panel out of Summer Sunrise cardstock.  I put some white acrylic paint on my craft mat, mixed it with a little bit of water, dipped an old toothbrush in the mixture and splattered it onto the panel by dragging my thumb over the brush until I had the coverage I wanted. 
I die cut the birthday out of Blueberry Sky felt using a word die from PTI.  The felt is easy to manipulate so I was able to adhere it in a curve. 
I like to personalize cards for friends - so I used my Brother Label Maker for Bob's name.
So we hope to see your 'splattering' card linked up over at the CAS Mix Up Challenge  by May 24th!  And please check out all of the 'reminder' inspiration by the Design Team over at the blog!  
Stamps:  Limited Edition Stamps - Studio Calico
Paper:  White, True Black, Summer Sunrise - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Wonderful Words - Birthday die - PTI, white acrylic paint, water, old toothbrush, black pearls - Kaiser Craft, blueberry sky felt - PTI, Brother Label Maker.

10 comments:

Loll said...

Fantastic CAS design for a masculine birthday card, Julia. LOVE the texture from the felt die-cut. And your white splatters are so fun. Personalizing the card with the recipients name makes it extra special! xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your acrylic splatters on your CS for a wonderful background for your foam die cut birthday and personalized name tag. I am sure Bob will love it! Your black accents made your card pop too. TFS Julia. Hugs...

Trina P. said...

Very cool masculine birthday card, Julia. Love how you personalized it.

Redanne said...

The toothbrush background looks amazing and I just love the beautiful felt 'birthday', it looks very tactile (I am loving felt at the moment!). Personalising the card just makes it extra special too! Hugs, Anne xx

Christine Alexander said...

Great way to personalize the card, and love the white splattering perfect masculine card :)

Bonnie said...

What a fun masculine card, Julia! I love the way your splatters "fell"! And the added texture of the felt sentiment is fantastic!

Susan said...

Great idea to splatter onto coloured cs! For some reason, I never think of doing that. And a great masculine card!

Jo said...

Love this CAS masculin design. The spatters against that coloured card stock truly make that felt word die stand out, very smart.
"Happy birthday BOB", he'll really appreciated this personalize card. Gorgeous card Julia, xx

Greta said...

Love the look of the splattered paint--great card, Julia!

Anita in France said...

Cool and crisp and wonderfully masculine, Julia ... such great texture ... love the sense of energy added by the white splatters! Anita :)