Saturday, May 28, 2016

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 - May

I'm just squeaking in before the deadline for Tim's May 12 tags of 2016.  I missed last month and didn't want to miss it again.  
So here is Tim's tag and you'll find all his instructions here.
And here is my version.  I first adhered a couple of strips of Tissue Tape - Symphony and Commute and then stamped images from Tim's Dapper set using Archival Jet Black Ink.  I then applied WV White Embossing Paste through Tim's Gears Mini Stencil and let it dry.  Then I sprayed Ranger Distress Peeled Paint and Broken China Spray Stains onto the tag.  I wiped off the excess and you can see how the Paste and the Tissue Tape resisted the stain.
Instead of making tattered florals -  because of the masculine theme and the gears stencil that I used -  I made tattered gears!  I die cut Tim's Thinlits Gearhead dies out of Paperstash/Crowded Attic.  Then I lightly sprayed the pieces with Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress Spray Stains.  Then I splattered some Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain on to them (the pump on the bronze stain got clogged so I had to dip a brush into it and splatter instead of spraying).  Then I layered different gear sizes together and attached them with a Mini Fastener/Screwdriver slot brad.  I scrunched up the top layers so they were like gear flowers (!)
I colored a piece of Natural Linen Ribbon from Funkie Junkie with the same Distress Spray Stains and sewed it to the tag.  I added a Vial Label with Remnant Rubs/Life Quotes.
  Here's a close up of one of the gear "flowers' so you can see how it's scrunched up
So I'm happy to have been able to get my May Tag done - 
and I'm pleased with how it came out - Win -Win!! (I love when that happens!)
Stamps:  Dapper - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  #8 Manila Tag - Ranger, Idea-ology Paper Stash/Crowded Attic, True Black - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress - Ground Espresso, Broken China
Accessories:  Thinlit Gearhead Dies - Tim Holtz, Natural Linen Ribbon - Funkie Junkie, Gears Mini Stencil - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Idea-ology - Vial Labels, Tissue Tape Symphony and Commute, Remnant Rubs/Life Quotes, Heart Charms, Jump Ring, Trinket Pin, Mini Fasteners/Screw Driver Slot Brads, Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste, Ranger Distress Spray Stains Peeled Paint, Broken China, Antiqued Bronze, foam dots, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, sewing machine, white thread.

25 comments:

Loll said...

So cool!! I always am in awe of your tags Julia. This is no exception. I love the tattered gears --- so clever. xx

Redanne said...

Julia, this has to be my favourite tag for this month, I really love how you 'changed it up' and made it masculine. The cogs looks amazing and I just love your fabric additions. the stitching looks amazing - I love it all!!! A fabulous take on Tim's tag.... Hugs, Anne xx

Karren said...

Wow, this is stunning, Julia!

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful colours and design Julia, I love your remix tag for May xxx

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your tags (and everything else!), and always enjoy seeing how they came together. Have a great weekend my friend!

Deb said...

Love your interpretation of Tim's tag Julia, brilliant idea to make gear 'flowers', love them! Deb xo

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous tag...just incredible!

Mylissa Stout said...

Julia...I had to stop by to check out your fun tag! I love how the green color shouts out....along with the top hat! I think that my favorite part is the all the gears....soooo fun..Awesome Sauce! XOXO

Birgit said...

Oh I love your tag especcially the colours.

A Pink said...

Terrific take on Tims tag! Julia x

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats, Julia! A well deserved win over at Tim's! Gorgeous shades of green and I adore the gear flowers!

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Great take on Tim's tag. Love your colors! Congrats on your win!

Unknown said...

I love your gear flowers! Very clever :)

A Pink said...

Just popping back to wish you Congratulations ! Julia Great to see your name on the winners list x

MakaArt said...

Congrats! Wonderful tag! ;-)

Jenny Marples said...

Huge and very well deserved congratulations on your win Julia!!! LOVE this version xx

Redanne said...

So thrilled you won!!! xx

Anya said...

Great tag! Love the muted color palette!

sarascloset said...

Huge congratulations on your well deserved win! Love your colors and your design, and it's clear that Tim did, too!Hugs!

Amber Sheaves said...

I just love those gears! The whole tag is wonderful buy I really want to make some gears now!

Amber Sheaves said...

I just love those gears! The whole tag is wonderful buy I really want to make some gears now!

LaVon Hall said...

This is fabulous... Love your take on the tag! Congrats on the win!

Dodie said...

Awesome tag! Love the gear flowers! Congrats on your win!

Almo said...

Congratulations on your Tim's tag win Julia, well deserved, a lovely tag. Mo x

Janet Trieschman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.