Monday, March 21, 2016

Coffee Lovers Spring Bloghop

I'm excited to be participating in the Coffee Lovers Spring Bloghop today - I used spring colors on my coffee cup and on the patterned paper.
The cup was cut out of watercolor paper using MFT Coffee Cup Die.  I inked them using Loll Thompson's Splash Water Color Background technique using Ranger Distress Inks Worn Lipstick, Broken China and Brushed Corduroy, my craft mat and water mister.
This fun sentiment is from Becca Crueger's set designed for Stamplorations called Literary Caffeine-ations.  I stamped it on a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock cut with Storybook 1 die from Pretty Pink Posh.
The coffee cup and sentiment panel are popped up on foam dots.
There are TONS of prizes to be won chosen by Random.org - You'll find the Coffee Lovers Spring bloghop details and link for your creation here.
 
I'm also linking my card to:
I used their great sketch for my card today - flipped on it's side

Stamps:  Literary Caffeine-ations - Stamplorations
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate - PTI, Arches Watercolor paper, DP - This and That Echo Park 6x6 paperpad.
Ink:  Dark Chocolate - PTI, Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick, Tumpled Glass, Brushed Corduroy, enamel dots - Michaels, Foam dots, Coffe Cup Die - MFT, Storybook 1 die - Pretty Pink Posh.



29 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Arent' Becca's puny sentiments just the best?! Your card is gorgeous.

Juliz Design Post said...

A lovely fun card Julia with a great sentiment.
Julie x

Shelly said...

This is fabulous!!

Bunny said...

Lovely card and nice colors. I'm so glad I can get the discounts now!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Julia, love your attitude with that sentiment! Happy Monday and Happy Hopping!

Lisa said...

Awesome! Love that cup... very cool!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your watercolored cup and the use of coffee die, haven't tried that yet...great results and a very fun card. Love the sentiment.

Loll said...

Your sentiment is so fun! And love your watercoloured cup. xx

Ceal said...

fabulous card, love the design and that sentiment!

Ann said...

Your cup turned out fantastic. Love it.

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card Julia, I love that cup die and it could be used for so many occasions too. I just love the design of your card and the beautiful backing paper too! Hugs, Anne xx

Karen B. said...

I wish all coffee to go cups could look that pretty! Starbucks should hire you!

baileyrosy.com said...

Wow I love your card and Loll's super technique is in very capable hands beautifully done, no discounts on coffee for us oldies here in Greece unfortunately.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card...So cute.

Drive By Crafts said...

love the blend of colors on the coffee cup.. awesome designing..

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Julia! Love how you created the coffee cup and that sentiment is just too funny! Reminds me of all the AARP mail we are now receiving ;)

SonjaK said...

Such pretty, pretty colors! A truly spring-y card for coffee lovers.

~amy~ said...

Yay Julia! Such a fun card, Becca's sentiment, always cracks me up!

Tonya said...

Funny card!! Reminds me of my husband.

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous watercolor on your cup and I love the paper you used! And yes, the senior discount on coffee is something I'm looking forward to!

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS card Julia!!!
LOVE your INKY cup and FUN sentiment, LOVE your PRETTY layers too!!!

Helen F. said...

Awesome card, Julia

Karen Letchworth said...

What an amazing coffee card, Julia!
I absolutely LOVE your coffee card. It's super sweet and makes me crave a second latte today. Thanks for participating in this fun challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

D.Ann C said...

Love that sentiment and your super cool cup!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love how you colored the cup. Great sentiment too. TFS

Hetty said...

Great card and wonderful sentiment.

Tracie Pond said...

So that is why at a certain age people meet for coffee every morning. Cute!

StampingbugKerry said...

Pretty, pretty! Love the spritzed diecut! Such yummy colors. :)

Gail said...

Cute saying on this card! TFS