Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Delightful Spring

As I post this with my happy title - they are predicting a snow storm for us starting today into tomorrow morning - a possible 6" in our area - Yikes!!  I'm sure it will melt quickly - but it's rather depressing isn't it??!!  So I'm going to focus on this delightfully bright and springy image!
The image is an older stamp I had in my Easter stamp draw from Alias Smith and Rowe.  I stamped it in Archival Jet Black ink, colored it with Zig Clean Color Markers and then went over the areas with my waterbrush.   The sentiment stamp is Wishing Easter from Verses Rubber Stamps.
 I die cut the panel with a Stitched Mat Rectangle from Lil' Inker Design and the sentiment with a square Nestability.  I adhered the sentiment onto the image panel with foam dots and added Lemonade Blend sequins from Avery Elle.
 I'm linking my card to the following:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Photo Inspiration
 Cute Card Thursday - Easter

Stamps: Eggs and Grass Pot -  Alias Smith and Rowe, Wishing Easter - Verses Rubber Stamps
Paper:  Watercolor - Ranger, White - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Zig Clean Color brush pens - light gray, orange, yellow, cobalt blue, green, light green, pink, Lemonade Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Square Nestability die, Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil' Inker Designs, foam dots, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, waterbrush.

8 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love your take on the inspiration photo ... we only had a sprinkling of snow ... I guess it was saving up for you.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

You gave me a lovely memory this morning! I love the egg hidden in the houseplant! Your card is beautiful!!

Loll said...

This is so bright and cheerful ... fun card Julia! 6" of snow --- yikes! We didn't get any snow this year. It's been unseasonally warm (or maybe that's the new temperature for us now). Lots of rain this March ... it's raining right now. Rain means no outside gardening, etc. ... more time in the studio. :) There's always an upside. I love rain. :) Stay warm and safe. xx

Redanne said...

Oh gosh Julia, I hope the snow passes over and settles somewhere else! Your card is definitely bright and cheerful and a great way to welcome in Spring!!! Hugs, Anne xx

Deb said...

So gorgeous, hopefully better weather is on it's way soon!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Words and Pictures said...

Jeepers, I hope they're wrong about your weather forecast, though I saw something similar for NYC where I'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon. But it looks as though there's plenty of spring weather after that, so I hope that will be true for both of us.

Love your pretty Easter card - so sweet!
Alison x

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Julia. Such a great image and I love that sentiment. The stitched panel is a great addition and I love the small touches of bling! hugs :)

stempelfrida said...

What a lovely take on our sketch over at the ATSM challenge blog. Your card is great. Thank you so much for playing along with us. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de