Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Unforgettable

I used one of my favorite birthday stamp/die sets for my tag/card today -  Mama Elephants Ella and Friends.  Ella is so adorable and she has several animal friends for her to play with -  today I used the little mouse and put the party hat on Ella.  AND she's so easy to color with just a brush of gray around the edges - I used Copics.
To make the blue background, I sponged the white cardstock panel with Ranger Distress Mermaid Lagoon.  Then I spritzed water over the panel - let it sit to make watermarks - then dried it with my heat tool.   When it was completely dry, I stamped the sentiment in the top corner.
For the tag, I used the WMS Stitched Tag die cutting it out of Soft Stone cardstock.  I cut the little hole cover out of Hawaiian Shores and looped Caribbean and Pink Sorbet Twine through the hole.  I die cut Ella, the hat and little mousie out of white card stock and colored them with Copics.  I adhered the hat to Ella's head layered Ella and the mouse to the tag using foam dots.  I used foam dots again to layer the tag over the blue panel.
I'm linking my tag card to the Tag You're It Challenge where the sweet tag/card below by Anja Curvers was the inspiration.

Stamps:  Ella and Friends - Mama Elephant
Paper:  White, Soft Stone, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Mermaid Lagoon, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Ella and Friends die - Mama Elephant, foam tape, Stitched Tag Die - Waltzingmouse, Caribbean and Pink Sorbet Twine - The Twinery, water spritzer - Ranger, Copics.

16 comments:

Pamellia said...

This is just so sweet Julia! That little teeny tiny mouse has stolen my heart!! Love it! hugs :)

~amy~ said...

this is soooooo cute Julia! love that ellie!

Unknown said...

OMG! I'm totally humming the 'Baby Elephant' song from Henry Mancini right now!! LOL :) :) Darling card--it's going to bring a smile to anyone's face!! So Fun!! XOXO-Shari

Deepti said...

This is sooooooooooooooo cute!

Donna said...

I agree, Julia... your Ellie is SOOOOO cute :)
Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It...

Loll said...

So adorable Julia!! xx

Deb said...

That is so adorable, what a sweet stamp!

Darnell said...

I love that beautiful blue you created with your sponging, Julia! This is an adorable tag card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Jill Norwood said...

Julia I love this sweet tag card with Ella! Such a pretty blue background! I just broke down and ordered this adorable set yesterday....:)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh so fabulous... my brother's girlfriend loves elephants so while I don't have any stamps I always look at cute ones and think, "Maybe...". Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! That tiny mouse.... love him! :)

Annette Allen said...

such a cute card.. i love how you added the twine..

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute...what a fabulous card!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh how I LOVE this birthday elephant and his friend! Beautiful background and I love the soft tag color behind him! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Tag, You're It!

anja curvers said...

Such a cute card and great coloring love your take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Tag You're It.

Nancy Penir said...

I'd say this adorably sweet (which it is), but it's so beautifully done, the first description falls short. So let's just say 'adorbsweet-beaut'. (oh that's awful!). Honestly love it Julia, but then I love everything you do!