Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Unforgettable

I used one of my favorite birthday stamp/die sets for my tag/card today -  Mama Elephants Ella and Friends.  Ella is so adorable and she has several animal friends for her to play with -  today I used the little mouse and put the party hat on Ella.  AND she's so easy to color with just a brush of gray around the edges - I used Copics.
To make the blue background, I sponged the white cardstock panel with Ranger Distress Mermaid Lagoon.  Then I spritzed water over the panel - let it sit to make watermarks - then dried it with my heat tool.   When it was completely dry, I stamped the sentiment in the top corner.
For the tag, I used the WMS Stitched Tag die cutting it out of Soft Stone cardstock.  I cut the little hole cover out of Hawaiian Shores and looped Caribbean and Pink Sorbet Twine through the hole.  I die cut Ella, the hat and little mousie out of white card stock and colored them with Copics.  I adhered the hat to Ella's head layered Ella and the mouse to the tag using foam dots.  I used foam dots again to layer the tag over the blue panel.
I'm linking my tag card to the Tag You're It Challenge where the sweet tag/card below by Anja Curvers was the inspiration.

Stamps:  Ella and Friends - Mama Elephant
Paper:  White, Soft Stone, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Mermaid Lagoon, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Ella and Friends die - Mama Elephant, foam tape, Stitched Tag Die - Waltzingmouse, Caribbean and Pink Sorbet Twine - The Twinery, water spritzer - Ranger, Copics.

16 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

This is just so sweet Julia! That little teeny tiny mouse has stolen my heart!! Love it! hugs :)

~amy~ said...

this is soooooo cute Julia! love that ellie!

Shari Trumbull said...

OMG! I'm totally humming the 'Baby Elephant' song from Henry Mancini right now!! LOL :) :) Darling card--it's going to bring a smile to anyone's face!! So Fun!! XOXO-Shari

Deepti said...

This is sooooooooooooooo cute!

Donna said...

I agree, Julia... your Ellie is SOOOOO cute :)
Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It...

Loll said...

So adorable Julia!! xx

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

That is so adorable, what a sweet stamp!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love that beautiful blue you created with your sponging, Julia! This is an adorable tag card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Jill Norwood said...

Julia I love this sweet tag card with Ella! Such a pretty blue background! I just broke down and ordered this adorable set yesterday....:)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh so fabulous... my brother's girlfriend loves elephants so while I don't have any stamps I always look at cute ones and think, "Maybe...". Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! That tiny mouse.... love him! :)

Annette Allen said...

such a cute card.. i love how you added the twine..

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute...what a fabulous card!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh how I LOVE this birthday elephant and his friend! Beautiful background and I love the soft tag color behind him! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Tag, You're It!

Anja Curvers said...

Such a cute card and great coloring love your take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Tag You're It.

artful-notions said...

I'd say this adorably sweet (which it is), but it's so beautifully done, the first description falls short. So let's just say 'adorbsweet-beaut'. (oh that's awful!). Honestly love it Julia, but then I love everything you do!