Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Stay Cool!

I had so much fun creating this card today - using my brandy new Let's Chill - popsicle dies from Reverse Confetti (thanks to my enabler Amy Tsuruta!).  I added a little twist to them though -  I made them melting a little using my Martha Stewart drippy punch.  I just cut a little strip the same color as each popsicle and adhered the piece behind the bottom, cutting it to fit.  The sentiment is from MFT.
Cute right??!!
I'm linking my cool pops card to several challenges:
(the inspiration for my drips!)

Less is More - Sketch
Crafty Calender Challenge - Bingo -  I used Die Cuts/Kraft/Blue - across the middle

Stay Cool!
Stamps:  Snowboard Boy - Pure Innocence My Favorite Things
Paper:  White, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Kraft - PTI, DP Sn@p Simple Stories.
Ink:  True Black - PTI 
Accessories:  Drippy punch - Martha Stewart, Popsicle Dies - Reverse Confetti, foam dots.

17 comments:

Kathyk said...

Very cool indeed! Fab make

Kathyk

sandie said...

Such a creative idea to add the drips, looks really cool! Thanks for joining us at Ink x

Annette Allen said...

what a fun card.. love those ice creams

Lee-Anne said...

Those dripping popsicles are just the cutest thing, Julia! Fun card!

Redanne said...

Definitely cute, that is a great die! I love your colour choices too! xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a fun idea and I love that drip punch , so authentic added to the Popsicles . Tracy x

Neets B said...

Love the melting effect and the bright colours against your polka dot background. I do feel that the bold elements do detract from the diagonal sketch a little but a fab card nonetheless.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun and colorful card Julia! Love the popsicles!

Suzanne C said...

Yum! A lovely icy treat on a hot day! Sweet card!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Striking, fun and yummy Julia, - great BG and those lollies are certainly eye-popping.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

What a fun make, this is a really terrific card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Samra said...

Well, this card is perfect for the hot days around here in Las Vegas!! Love the bright and fun colors and those popsicles are so much fun!
Hugs :)

Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Shauna said...

This is so cute! I love that you created a "drippy" look! Absolutely perfect for our "melt" challenge. The bright colors make for a fun design! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

~amy~ said...

Super fun melty Popsicles! What a creative twist!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, I love your drippy popsicles! What a great idea! So fun!

Unknown said...

Loving the drippy popsicles! Great card. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Bev (DT member) xx

Jo said...

Brilliant! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here