Monday, August 10, 2015

Something to Perk Up Your Day

Coffee cards are SO popular these days aren't they?  With all the specialty coffee shops around (Dunkins and Starbucks are the most popular in my area) it seems like more and more people are drinking coffee (both hot and cold) AND making cards on the topic!   And I'm joining right in!  
For today's card I used a wonderful new set (released last month) from Waltzingmouse called simply Coffee Set - and what a set it is!  There are over 14 images including: cups, a coffee pot, a coffee grinder, spoon, flowers and leaves, a bowl, coffee beans, a cupcake and over 17 coffee related sentiments (see end of post for photo of set!)  And there is a coordinating die set which I used today as well.
Today I used the coffee pot, two cups and the Perk Up (get it?!) sentiment. 
I used the WMS Stitched Rectangles die on the patterned paper - my intent was to give the illusion of a table cloth.  I made this card to be a gift card holder - using one of the WMS Gift Card It Dies on the inside of the card.  It cuts two slots to slip a gift card into.

Perfect Fit!
Oh, and I forgot to mention the steam stamp - can you see it rising out of the cups?! I used a light gray ink so it looked like vapors.
My colors were inspired by a new challenge I recently found (thanks Amy Tsuruta! who is guest designing for their first challenge) and I'm linking my card there.
Pinterest Inspired Challenge  and this is the August inspiration below

Stamps:  Coffee Set - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, True Black, Text Style Bitty Box Basics - PTI
Ink:  True Black, Harvest Gold - PTI, London Fog - Memento, Marina Night - SU
Accessories:  Coffee Set Dies and Stitched Rectangle Dies - Waltzingmouse, foam dots


12 comments:

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card Julia, I love that gift card die set! Great take on the Pinterest inspiration photo, you even nailed the little doodle style flowers! So pretty! hugs :)

Becca Cruger said...

So sweet and bright and elegant! Coffee cards are all the rage because coffee is amazing! Love the little gift card holder inside. That's a pretty cool diecut

Samra said...

Gorgeous card Julia! Love the pretty colors and such great design!
Have a wonderful day!

Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Terry said...

Wonderful card, Julia! The colors are so lovely for waking up and great design! Enjoy!

Annette Allen said...

oh i love that set you used.. pretty card..

~amy~ said...

Julia, I LOVE this!

The Colour Press said...

Lovely card Julia. I'm one of those coffee lovers that loves coffee cards, although I've never made one yet.

Kim Heggins said...

Just this just so sweet. I love going to tea and this is so beautiful. And I love that it holds a gift card, so fun.

Anni said...

Such a cute card! Love how you used the inspiration!
Thanks so much for playing along with is at the Pinterest Inspired Challenge! Hope to see you again there soon!
Anni

wienerhoneymooners said...

I ADORE this and the sweet surprise and sentiment inside!!!!! I am So so jealous of whomever who gets this!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Fab card, Julia!! This will perk up anyone's day (even if decaffeinated)!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Suezie said...

This just the sweetest CAS card to send (and receive) Julia! Love the colours and the inspiration. I didn't get this set dang it! You made me regret that this morning :-(