Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Guest Designing for Cardz 4 Guyz - Adventure Awaits

I'm excited to share today - that I was asked to be a Guest Designer for the month of August for the weekly Cardz 4 Guyz challenge.  I was asked after linking this card to one of their challenges a few weeks ago.  Masculine cards can be hard to design - so participating in this challenge is a great way to get inspired!
This week's challenge is to "use Orange and Brown" -  certainly masculine colors and ones I don't usually reach for!  I got out my Happy Camper Petite Places stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink.   I think they are perfect for a Guyz card don't you?!  Especially a guy who loves the outdoors!
The background pieces are also from PTI -  the blue is cut with the Scene It -Basic Backer die, the mountains and trees are Scene It - Mountain View and the trailer, adirondack chairs and fire are Petite Places Happy Camper dies. (the trailer can also be made 3 D - too cute!!)  I layered all the pieces using foam dots on the trees, the chairs and the fire.  I used a Labels Thinlits die for the sentiment. 
I layered the orange and tan patterned paper to a slightly larger piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock and layerd that onto my cardbase of Rustic Cream.
I hope you'll join us over at the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge where you'll find lots of inspiration from the Design Team  -  there's a new challenge every Tuesday so I'll see you next week with another masculine creation!

I'm also linking my card to the Male Room Challenge - Spots and Stripes
(does plaid count as stripes going two ways??  and my sequins are the spots!)
and Just Us Girls - Autumn 
with these colors this could be an Autumn camping trip!

Stamps:  Petite Places - Happy Camper - Papertrey Ink
Paper:  Rustic Cream, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate, White, DP Text Style Autumn Abundance - PTI
Ink:  Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Dies - Petite Places/Happy Camper, Scene It/Mountain View, Scene It/Basic Border - PTI; Labels Thinlits - Alterations/Tim Holtz, foam tape, sequins

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a fun card Julia! Love it!

Pamellia said...

Oh what fun Julia! I love how you did the peaks of the mountains in white to look like snow, awesome! Such a great little camping scene! hugs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your GD gig Julia! Your card is darling! What a fun scene that you created!

Redanne said...

Congratulations on your well deserved GD spot Julia. I love your card and it really would be great for someone who enjoys camping. Love the little camper van! Hugs, Anne xx

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats on your GD spot, Julia! I adore this sweet scene!

Becca Cruger said...

Ohmygoooooodness! What an adorable little camping scene! And the plaid paper is the perfect background for this. So cute!

Annette Allen said...

congrats on guest designing.. this card is so cute.. i love the scene you created..

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous!!! I love your sweet scene. Almost makes me want to go camping.

Cheryl said...

Your 'guy card' is adorable! I have these images and dies too and have not tried them. You have really made them shine like a night under the stars!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls, Julia!

Karen Dunbrook said...

too cute!! perfect summer time card...

Vicki Dutcher said...

Camping in Autumn - awesome! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Unknown said...

YAY! Congrats on the Guest Designer gig, Julia!! That's awesome because you do masculine really well :) :) This darling 'happy camping' card is so wonderful! Any guy would love to receive this, then go camping!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Mervi said...

Hi Julia!
Gorgeous card, beautiful camping scene, lovely design;-))m

Deepti said...

Stunning :) love the camping scene !

Deb said...

Wonderful card Julia, love the camping theme and congratulations on your guest designer spot! Deb xo

Maria said...

What a super cute scene! Nicely done and thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

Deborah Frings said...

Nice combination of challenges. Love the scene you created. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry to be so late commenting!! Deborah x

Lisa Kind said...

I'd like to jump into that scene and camp out in it! Autumn camping is the best! What a great scene you created and perfect for a guy! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!