Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Cardz 4 Guyz - Numbered Birthday

It's another Tuesday in August - and I'm back for my 2nd week as Guest Designer for the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge.  This week we are to make a masculine Numbered Birthday Card.
I made mine for DH Kent - this is how old he will be on his next birthday in January 2016 -  I hope I remember where I hide this so I can give it to him then!!   I just love the bold look of the oversized numbers - they are dies from Papertrey Ink.  The background is stamped with Spooky Tree from Waltzingmouse. The two sentiment stamps are from Inkadinkado Bird Assortment.
I used my long forgotten Owl punch from Stampin Up for the cute little critter and the Small Gothic Window die from Poppy Stamps. I sponged Ranger Distress Broken China ink over the edges of the piece inside the window frame.  The heart and eyes on the owl are popped up on foam dots.
I die cut the Alterations Small Easel out of kraft card stock and adhered it onto the back of my card  panel so it can be displayed nicely on a shelf or windowsill!

I hope you'll join us this week - and link up your Numbered Birthday masculine creation!  Who do you know that is having a special numbered birthday??  You'll find all the details and more inspiration from the Design Team over at the Cardz 4 Guyz blog!

I'm also linking my card to:

Stamps:  Spooky Tree - Waltzingmouse, Bird Assortment - Inkadinkado.
Paper:  White, Vintage Cream Linen, Dard Chocolate, True Black, Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream - PTI, patterned paper - Sn@p Simple Stories.
Ink:  Dark Chocolate and True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Broken China
Accessories:  Extra large 2 step Owl Punch - SU, Number Dies - PTI, Small Gothic Window Die - Poppy Stamps, Lead the Way Arrows - MFT, Small Easel die - Tim Holtz/Alterations.

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is soooo adorable, love that owl!

Pamellia said...

What a great card Julia! I love how you built a scene, complete with a little owl and a tree outside the window, how fabulous! Love the big numbers too! hugs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Julia! Love the little hootie! I saw a great horned last night in my new neighborhood! So happy :)

Redanne said...

I love how the cute little owl sits in that gorgeous gothic window. I wish someone had sent me a birthday card with big numbers on like that, I always forget how old I am and it would be a great reminder! Love this card, hope you don't forget when you put it either! Hugs, Anne xx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun card! I think your husband will get a chuckle out of it. I love the bold numbers, too!

Thanks for joining us for our Animals challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute and as adorable as can be. I love your sweet owl!

Cazro said...

I love everything about your card, and I am sure your 61 coming up 62 DH will too. A fabulous design for Cardz 4 Guyz. So happy to have you as a guest. Caz

Becca Cruger said...

Haha - this is so fantastic! Love the punny sentiment and that die cut owl is a hoot! (see what I did there?)

Annette Allen said...

WOW that is so awesome.. I love that adorable little owl..

Deb said...

That's wonderful Julia, love the sentiment and the owl is so cute!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great masculine card Julia- I like that you turned it to an easel card- Kent will love it-hope your summer is going well

Unknown said...

Look at you go, Julia!! Making b-day cards 5 months in advance!! I hope your hubbie doesn't peek at your blog--he'll see his card early!! ;) LOL!! Another darling card, Julia!! XOXO-Shari

Larelyn said...

Oooooh, love the easel-how clever. Great card. Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up.
Hugs,
Larelyn