Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Make It Monday - Cool Condensation Effects

Betsy Veldman has a fun Make It Monday challenge for us over at the PTI blog.  You'll find her video tutorial here.  Basically, you use Glossy Accents to make drops of 'condensation' on a vase or cold drink container or to make 'dew drops' on flower petals and she shows us how to create highlights using a darker color and a lighter color of the same shade.
I like to use PTI products when I do the PTI challenges (you have to use at least one) and I don't have any PTI large container stamps so I went with the 'dew drops on roses' effect.
  I used this lovely blossom from the In Bloom set but since it was an outline stamp - I colored it by sponging with two shades of red (rather than using 2 colors of ink directly on a solid stamp).  I used Ranger Distress Inks - Worn Lipstick in the center and the darker Festive Berries along the edges.  I cut out the bloom and layered it over this lovely frame from Gatsby Glamour - popping it up on foam dots.  The sentiment is from the same set.
 You'll find the Make it Monday challenge here.
 I'm also linking my card to:
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Virginia's View Challenge - Monochromatic
Today I have jury duty and I had to report - but hopefully will not have to sit on a jury.  I'm just getting back to work tomorrow after 2 1/2 weeks out with bronchitis and the flu - and I know there's a pile of work waiting for me on my desk!

Stamps:  In Bloom, Gatsby Glamour - Papertrey Ink
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Smokey Shadow - PTI, Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries.
Accessories:  Glossy Accents - Ranger, Foam Dots.

13 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

What a fantastic pop of color Julia. I forget about stamping on colored cardstock.

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous red statement bloom against the iron gate! Simply elegant Julia!

Creaciones Isha said...

Love the colors....Gorgeous!!!

Birgit said...

Very pretty! Love the graphic design of this card!

Darnell said...

Oh, goodness, when it rains, it pours! I'm so sorry to hear that you have been ill for two weeks, Julia, and now you may need to be out again for jury duty! I hope not! I'm delighted to see that neither of those stressful things negatively impacted your creativity! This dew-laden rose is beyond scrumptious!! Well done on the technique!! Hugs, Darnell

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Julia, I love the dewy effect on the petals, so pretty.

Annette Allen said...

wow that is totally gorgeous..

Linda said...

Pretty card.

Terry said...

Julia, the color combination is stunning. I just love the boldness of that red flower! Pretty design!

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is beautiful! Love that bloom!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous bloom! I can see the dew drops and gradient of red! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Ombre/Monochromatic” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful Julia! At least you waited for the GA to dry before taking your picture :) Beautiful!

Samra said...

Stunning card, so elegant and rich! Love those drops on the gorgeous bloom, need to get glossy accent, believe it or not, don't have that thing in my supplies!