Thursday, May 14, 2015

Waltzingmouse Pajama Party - May 14, 2015

After a bit of a hiatus, Claire is once again hosting a Waltzingmouse Pajama Party -  and I'm excited to be attending it!  Claire gave us 4 challenges on May 2nd over at the Waltzingmouse Blog -  plenty of time to get cracking and create projects in time for the party!
Here are the challenges and what I brought to the party!
Challenge #1:  Man of the Moment -  Make a card for the significant man in your life - he doesn't have to be an adult. We are looking for masculine themed cards for any occasion. 
I made a birthday card, gold embossing the big star from the mini Sheriff set and the small star from Kaboom.  For the sentiment inside - I used stamps from Back in the Saddle and the little star from Kaboom.  This could be for a child or adult given the 'cowboy' theme.  I'm not sure just who in my family is getting this card yet!

Challenge #2: Surprise Him -  It's all about men this month, and we're getting ideas together for Father's Day, so we want you to make a masculine project that has some element of surprise about it - an exploding box card, a pocket card with a concealed message/gift, a moveable element.
Not having anyone to send a Father's Day card to -  I made mine another birthday card using stamps from Half Pint Heroes.  Cars are always a hit with the male population don't you think?
My surprise element is having a die cut strip on the card that pulls off revealing more of the sentiment!  I made the 'pull here' sign with my label maker.  I made an extra panel to show you how the strip pulls off.
Challenge #3:  Old Pajamas - Use one of your older Waltzingouse Stamps sets to create a project for this challenge! The Design Team will be digging out our Man of the Hour stamp sets for this one.
I love using photos of my family on my projects -  so for this challenge - I used a photo my niece took of her husband and 1 year old daughter, Madelyn, on a recent trip to Disney.  The sentiments from Man of the Hour highlighted this photo perfectly I think! 
 I used a die to cut the 'canvas' so it really looks like a little piece of art sitting on the easel!
 Challenge #4 - Bedtime Story Sketch
I was stuck on this for a bit - as this is a very busy sketch - not really my style -  but I needed an encouragement card for a friend at church who fell while riding his bike two weeks ago (he's an avid rider) and suffered a head bleed, among other injuries. I thought this sentiment from Fine Feathers might bring him some comfort.
I turned the sketch on it's side and used the die cut feathers instead of layered tags. I used the small tag from the Folding Tag Die, Fine Feather Die set, Woodgrain Backgrounders and Fine Feathers stamps.

Are you coming to the Pajama Party ?  I hope to see you there -  you have 24 hours to link up your creations (until 6:45 pm EST 5/15).  You will find all the details and Mr. Linky over at the Waltzingmouse Blog.
There is a prize to be won - and you don't have to use WMS stamps 
(but if you have 'em - we hope you'll use 'em!!).

ETA - a Note from Claire -- Just before we start I have some exciting info for you - the good folks at Addicted to Rubber Stamps are now carrying some selected Waltzingmouse Goodies! And - just for you - they have given me this fabby discount code to pass on to you - if you are shopping at Addicted to Rubber Stamps - simply enter the code WELCOME at checkout to get 10% off the site! (Items that are already discounted will not be eligible for this discount) so once you have uploaded your PJ entries - pop over and tell them we sent you!! :)

Cool Dude:
Stamps:  Sheriff, Kaboom, Back in the Saddle - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI, Brushed Gold - SU
Ink:  Versamark, Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Gold Embossing Powder, Heat tool

Driving By:
Stamps:  Half Pint Heroes - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Silver Wink of Stella, Copics:  E00, E13, BG10, C6, 100, Y17, R20, Zipper Die - Papertrey Ink, ScorTape, Label Maker.

My Heart Belongs to Daddy:
Stamps:  Man of the Hour - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Calypso Coral - SU.
Accessories:  Dies - Sentiment Strip - MFT, Mini Canvas Die and wooden easel - Lil Inker Designs, tiny heart punch - McGill, Glue N Seal, ScorTape, photo printed from computer, winter blend sequins - Avery Elle.

Under His Wings
Stamps:  Woodgrain Backgrounders, Fine Feathers
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Merina Lagoon, Soft Suede SU
Accessories:  Folding Tag Die, Fine Feathers Die Set - Waltzingmouse, Copper Mini Brads - Michaels, foam dots.

18 comments:

Samra said...

WOW!!! What a great collection of cards Julia!!! I especially like the surprise one!!! It is the neatest thing EVER!!! You are such an amazing crafting artist! So versatile and creative, thank you for such an amazing inspiration!

Georgiana said...

What a great bunch of cards, but I love that pull tag die. Need to check it out!

Kate said...

Fabulous collection of cards Julia.

Marybeth said...

Oh wow that star looks great embossed in gold! What a fun suprise card...I need to get those dies out. Darling pictures!

Jeanne J. said...

Wonderful post! So many things I love.. that gold embossed star? SWOON.. and the wood texture in blue! Love it!

Deb said...

Those are all wonderful Julia, love the card with the secret message, such a cute idea!

~amy~ said...

Julia, what an awesome post...so many fun projects! Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

LOL, love your little pull-panel on the car card! cracking bunch of cards Julia - Hugs to you missus!

Pamellia said...

What an amazing collection of masculine cards Julia!! I love them all, but I have to admit that the hidden vroom vroom under that die strip, is really unique! Love! hugs :)

Antje said...

Great work as usual Julia! Love how you made the surprise by pulling off that strip and how you put the pic with that sweety out.

Maja said...

So many beautiful projects.

Anonymous said...

Awesome work Julia!!! I love the zip card!!!

Sarah G said...

Love these designs, Julia - so different but all fun and fab! That gold embossed sheriff's badge looks stunning and the pull strip is so clever :)

Joan B said...

awesome designs. I particularly love that little canvas on an easel.

Charmaine Stack said...

Super designs, Julia. I really like the car card - the zip adds a neat fun element. The photo card will be adored and I think the sentiment for your church friend is perfect.

Claire said...

Looks like Claire keeps you busy Julia - your surprise element on card 2 is so clever...what a great idea. Love the CAS design of the others too

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic collection of projects Julia! Love the fun little car and canvas! What a great keepsake to treasure!

Terry said...

Well someone has been creatively busy! What a wonderful collection of projects. Love them all!