Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Drink Me

I recently won some really fun vintage Alice in Wonderland stamps from Stamplorations and they've been sitting on my work table patiently waiting for me to ink them up.  So today -  I pulled Alice out of her packaging, stamped her and colored her with Distress Markers and a watercolor brush and popped her on a tag!
The two part tag is Tag Sale Die #8 from PTI.  I stenciled the base tag with Check Mate and Watering Can Archival Ink - both by Wendy Vecchi and the front smaller tag with Add a Stencil and Cornflower Blue Archival Ink.  I brushed the bottle with Glitter Glaze from MFT.  I sponged all the edges with Archival Tree Branch Ink. All layers are popped up on foam dots.
I'm linking my tag to the following challenges:
I was inspired by the stenciling (I used ink instead of paste) and the drink theme (my image is holding a bottle rather than a cup of coffee!)


Stamps:  Alice In Wonderland #16 - Stamplorations
Paper:  White Watercolor paper
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Wendy Vecchi Archival Watering Can, Tree Branch, Cornflower Blue, Ranger Distress Markers - Milled Lavender, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, Glitter Glaze - MFT, Wendy Vecchi Stencils - Add a Stencil and Check Mate, foam dots, waterbrush, Tag Sale #8 die - PTI.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't she just sooooooooooo adorable???!!! YES! What a wonderful creation. The colors are fabulous and totally love how you made the second layer stand out so much. You painted her perfectly too - really fun project Julia. j.

Samra said...

What a great tag Julia! Love those stenciled backgrounds! Great coloring too! Have a wonderful day :)

Pamellia said...

Beautiful tag Julia! Love your vintage hues and the checker board background is such a great pattern to make your top panel stand out! Love the glitter glaze, genius! hugs :)

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Julia! Love the vintage image!

Jenny Marples said...

This is fantastic Julia! I love that tablecloth checkerboard in the background tag - so appropriate for a Mad Hatter's Tea Party! Jenny x

Annette Allen said...

awesome tag... very creative

Deb said...

What a wonderful stamp Julia and love the tag you made with it!

Terry said...

Julia, your tag is gorgeous! I love the watercoloring on Alice! So lovely!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great tag! I love the stenciling on the tags and gorgeous coloring on the image. Great addition of a bit of sparkle too!

stampwithamyk said...

How pretty! I love the colors and the layering. Your image turned out beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps. Hope to see you again soon!

donna mikasa said...

What a beautiful image, and I love how you colored her!

Words and Pictures said...

I'm a big Alice fan, and I love this image and how you've coloured it, Julia... and the perfect chessboard for her to play on... wonderful tag!
Alison xx

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Julia
this is stunning
I love the image I love how you coloring and I love the vintage feel on your creation
this is amazing made
Love love love
and thanks for sharing at Sunday Stamps challenge ...
hugs, Monika DT

Lisa said...

Lovely tag, you did a great job with the coloring!

Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Unknown said...

Oh such an alluring tag, Julia!! You've captured that most magical moment in Alice's story so wonderfully!! Love the layered tags and that glittery little bottle of potion! So fun!! XOXO-Shari

Unknown said...

Oh such an alluring tag, Julia!! You've captured that most magical moment in Alice's story so wonderfully!! Love the layered tags and that glittery little bottle of potion! So fun!! XOXO-Shari

Jeanne J. said...

How enchanting Julia!!! Can't tell you how delighted I was with that close up of that shiny little bottle! Wonderful!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

FAB-U-LOUS Julia! Love this on so many levels! So glad you came over to join us at Sunday Stamps!

anja curvers said...

Very pretty love it. Glad you joined us over at tag you're it.

Nancy Penir said...

Julia, you rock! Aged to perfection, colored gloriously, lovely Alicey bg. Just love this tag!

Angel Johns said...

Great tag! Love the vintage look of it! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.