Monday, April 28, 2014

Joy to the World - Sweet Pea

I have several DT posts coming up this week so I wanted to sneak these two challenge cards in before I ran out of posting time!
When I saw this Festive Friday Challenge 

 I knew that I'd pull out my sweet little star die  and this wonderful digital wood grain DP from  the Etsy Shop - All About Scrapping, that I won for a card I entered into a Stamplorations Challenge.  The sentiment from Verve seemed perfect for it - stamped directly on the paper in Archival Jet Black Ink.
I'm also linking this to Jingle Belles - to use at least 3 layers -  I know this card looks pretty CAS but there ARE 3 layers on it!

For my second card -  I needed a baby card for the baby shop that buys cards from me.  I've made cards with this peapod stamp and buttons before and the owner said they are quite popular and so she wanted more.  
I used my Stitched Mat Rectangle and Circle dies for the panels - the pea pod stamp is from Baby Button Bits by PTI.  I used the large green circle panel to suggest a pea in keeping with the theme! (I tried a half circle first but it just didn't look right to me!)
My design was inspired by the CAS-ual Friday's challenge - Three Things (to use three of something on just one third of the card front)
I used three buttons, 3 colors (2 shades of green and yellow (buttons)), and 3 layers - and the pea pod itself is on approximately just 1/3rd of the card!

I'll be back tomorrow with a Mixed Media Post for the eclectic Paperie Blog - I hope you'll stop by to check it out!

Joy to the World
Stamps:  Joy to the World/Plain Jane - Verve
Paper:  red Bazzill, white - PTI, woodgrain Digital DP from the Brown Grunge Texture Set - All About Scrapping Etsy Shop.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Star die - Savvy Stamps/Ellen Hutson, thick foam dots.

Little Sweet Pea
Stamps:  Baby Button Bits - PTI
Paper:  White, Limeaide Ice - PTI
Ink:  Archival Leaf Green and Jet Black
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangle and Circle dies - Lil' Inker Designs, vintage buttons - PTI, foam dots, Glossy Accents (as adhesive for the buttons)

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Two fabulous cards Julie. I love the wood grain paper and the fabulous Verve sentiment. Your baby card is adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic creations Julia. I LOVE barn stars and how wonderful yours looks on this wonderful Christmas card. That sentiment is awesome!

You have been a busy gal, and it's shaping up to be a busy week for you! *wink*

Angela said...

Julia, your card is just prodigiously bright and full of the wonder of spring! So fresh, so beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

love both of these.. the star is gorgeous and love that sentiment on the first.. fabulous designing..

Pauline said...

Two fab cards Julia, love that little sweet pea card with the fresh greens.

Shirley said...

Love your star card! And you had to keep using those cute 'Lil Inker dies. Okay so I popped aways for a few and bought them. I hope you are happy!!! ;-) I love your button peas too!

chera said...

Love your Cas-Ual friday card!! The sweet pea so cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia I love your FF card, so classy and you sweet pea is perfect with those buttons. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anita in France said...

That woodgrain paper is a fantastic background to the lovely dimensional barn star, Julia ... and the little sweet pea card is just adorable! Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

What a fabulous card!! I love that three dimensional star on the wood grained background!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards Julia! Love the dimensional star and the sweet pea button baby card is so precious!

~amy~ said...

Both of your cards are wonderful Julia...love that big star on your first card.

um, genius card on the CAS-ual Friday challenge...I LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us♥

Ardyth said...

You have perfectly captured the rustic feel of the inspiration photo - love the dimension of the barn star! And I love the fresh clean colours for your 3 thirds card! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday and CAS-ual Fridays!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...two stunning cards! I love that star, just so beautiful and that sweet little pea, this is about as cute as they come!

SmilynStef said...

Love that 3-D star ... such a lovely holiday card design ... so glad you got all bundled-up with us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

love that AWESOME three dimensional star, and also the way you've incorporated layers but kept the fab C&S aesthetic! thanks for "bundling up" with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3

Geri said...

Digital woodgrain??? How cool! It's really pretty...especially with that rustic star on it! And the sentiment is perfect, too! Love it Julia! So happy you were able to play along again with us at FF!!!