Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Perfect Day for a Happy Birthday

I'm squeezing in a couple more challenge cards that I had time to make this week.  First is a card I used some of my brand new Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi stencils on.  The background is Check Mate and the tree is Layered Tree.  The sentiment is from Sentimental Art by Studio 490 Stampers Anonymous.  I stenciled on a panel of watercolor paper so there is a nice texture on it.  I used Ranger Distress Bundled Sage, Archival Leaf Green and Tree Branch.

I'm linking this card to the Keep It Simple challenge - Stencil
 
As well as Virginia's View Challenge - Stencil
and the Moxie Fab World Styling with Stencils 

For my second card I used some pretty patterned papers I just got at a friends Stampin' Up Party.   The balloons are dies from WPlus9 Whole Lotta Happy that I added twine balloon strings to!   The sentiment  Verve.
My card design is from Seize the Sketch
and I was also inspired by the Cure for the Monday Blues - the colors and mix of patterns!
Tree card
Stamps:  Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 - Sentimental Art

Paper:  White - PTI, Watercolor paper - Ranger
Ink:  Ranger Distress Bundled Sage, Archival Leaf Green and Tree Branch
Accessories:  Stencils:  Check Mate and Layered Tree - Studio 490 Wency Vecchi

Happy Birthday to You
Stamps:  Verve
Paper:  White, Aqua Mist - PTI, DP - Sweet Sorbet Stampin' Up.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  foam dots, square Nestability, Stitched Mat Rectangle Dies - Lil' Inker Designs, Caribbean Twine- The Twinery, balloon dies - Whole Lotta Happy - WPlus9.

23 comments:

Jen W. said...

These are gorgeous, Julia! I love the layered stencils on the first card and that patterned paper on the second card is lovely!

Joni Andaya said...

FABULOUS creation Julia! The first one is so pretty with the stencil and sweet and colorful of the second one. Fantastic!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic cards Julia! Love the stenciled background on the first and fun balloons on the second!

Laura Davis said...

This is such a sweet card!
Laura

Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE your stencil tree Julia! So glad you joined in the fun @ Keep It Simple!
CONGRATS on your win over on the Moxie Fab blog too :)

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! I love the stenciling/inking and that paper on the second is beautiful!

Shirley said...

OMGosh, I was going to start some stenciling and then something came up. I am totally in love with your tree, sentiment, and that wonderful BG!!! Hope you will join us on Monday for a blog hop for a little 2 yr old girl receiving chemo. It's a card drive and also there will be prizes on the main blog and others will have candy too, including me!! Hope you will join us, Julia!!

Shirley said...

And of course I forgot to tell you how really really pretty your second cad is with the beautiful DP, Die cut balloons and that wonderful sentiment! Love the balloon ties too.

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous creations, Julia! Your stenciled background for the first card is so subtle and pretty with the tree scene! It has such depth and interest! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Julia. LOVE the stenciled soft background with the tree stencil overtop - gorgoeus.

And your happy birthday card is so sweet with the soft and pretty patterned paper and soft blue die-cuts. TFS! Loll xx

Pauline said...

Two gorgeous cards Julia! Lovely stencilling on your first card, and great layering on the second with the pretty papers!

Unknown said...

Both cards are gorgeous Julia but I especially love the second one. The patterned paper is fabulous and I just adore your layout xx

Carla S. said...

Your birthday card on Seize the Sketch caught my eye. I cannot tell you how much I love the patterns and colors -- so fresh looking! And I adore the tree card. I think I *need* those stencils!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic cards Julia! Both cards are fabulous!Love those balloons!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Both cards are beauties, Julia. I have tons of stencils that are just collections dust... Your layered tree card has inspired me to blow off the dust and give them a try. Your second card is a perfect combination of paper, sentiment and die cuts. Love them both!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...I love both your cards but that tree and I love that you used stencils too, so gorgeous!

PStanley said...

Beautiful cards- I particularly like the second one with its gorgeous soft colour pallette.

Lesley said...

LOVE those balloons, girl! Great card! SO happy you joined us at Seize the Sketch!!

PapierGirl said...

Gorgeous Card - love the stenciling and the balloons! Thanks for joining us a STS! :)

Katie Melhus said...

Love the muted colors, this is such a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Sketch!

Taheerah said...

*Perfect* choice of patterned paper, so eclectic! And I love the addition of the balloons, so fun! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Sandi said...

Congrats on top 3 at Cure for the Monday Blues. Love that patterned paper.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Julia!
Thanks for linking it up to the Styling with Stencils challenge! :)

Teri