Friday, July 5, 2013

Wee Little Baby

Today I have a sweet little bag - dressed up to hold a gift for a wee baby girl!
This funky little feathery bag is from Pouch Mart.  (Although I can't find it on their site right now)  The bag is approximately 6"x4" - perfect size for some baby socks, a rolled up onesie or a gift certificate!
I adhered these pretty ribbon flowers fromCraftpon.com to the bag with Aleene's fabric adhesive.  (I put a piece of carboard inside the bag before adding the flowers - so the adhesive wouldn't go through to the back and glue the bag shut!)
I die cut the sentiment with Fancy Tags 2 but cut off the ornate end as it was too long and rounded the corners.  The ornate piece is still on the top of the tag but hidden by the big bow!   I sponged the tag before taking it out of the die.  I tied a triple bow of wrinkled seam tape through the top of the tag looping the ribbon through this wee metal cup from Craftpon.com - it has BABY engraved on it -  too cute!
I attached the tag to the bag with a brad.
A pretty way to package a little gift - and it also includes the card! (tag)
I'm also entering this in this week's Casual Friday's challenge -  Material Girl -  to use material on your project!

We're still in a heat wave here in MA -  today it's supposed to hit 96 feeling like the 100's with the humidity - it makes me glad to be at work in the airconditioning (well, sort of!!)

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments
Paper:  Hibiscus Burst - PTI
Ink:  Versamark Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Victorian Velvet
Accessories:  flowers and metal baby cup - Craftpon.com, Aleene's Fabric Adhesive - Michaels, Zutter corner rounder, Fancy Tags 2 - Spellbinders, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutiqe Etsy shop.

10 comments:

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful and wonderful bag. It is just screaming out to be touched. I can only imagine--wonderful color and textures on this project.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! What a really fun girly girl bag!! I love it and your little tag is perfect!! Enjoy the weekend! ;)

Patti J said...

Sweet! I just want to feel that fluffy, fuzzy, yumminess! Thanks for sharing :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable Julia! You always fancy up those bags so fabulouly!

Marybeth said...

Love this soft feathery little bag and tag ! Your right perfect for some socks. Enjoy your weekend Julia!

Riet said...

So beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dianne said...

What a fabulous bag you created is fantastic, looove the color, thanks for sharing..

Deb said...

Your little gift bag is simply gorgeous!! I absolutely love all of the details! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lindsay said...

This is lovely! I adore the sweet flowers, and want to reach out and touch! Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sanketi said...

How lovely!
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!