Thursday, July 18, 2013

Don't Forget the Little Guys

Today I have 3 projects to share -  using some of the smaller stamps from the Waltzingmouse June release sets You're a Doll, You're a Doll Additions and Country Labels 14.  I often don't think of using the little pieces by themselves - I'm so focused on the main images of a set!

First,  I made a Feel Better card with flowers and faces from You're a Doll and a sentiment from Country Labels 14.
 Aren't these flowers cute with their sweet little faces!?! I punched the faces with a 5/8" punch and popped them up on foam dots.
 
Next -  I stamped the little rose and leaf  from You're A Doll and a sentiment from Country Labels 14 on a white panel for this pretty little card.  I used a scallop edge punch on the bottom of the white floral panel and popped it up on foam tape over the patterned paper.
 Here's a close up of the panel.  I adhered Tiny Twinkles to the center of each rose.  This sentiment would be great for an Anniversary, encouragement or a Valentine's card.
 
For my third project - I decorated a little 2 3/4" x 4 mini polka dot paper bag using stamps from You're a Doll and You're a Doll Additions.   I added two strips of Washi tape behind the label that is up on foam dots.  A gift card would fit nicely inside! 
Here you can just see the stamped hearts behind the rhinestone hearts.  I also sponged the edge with red ink before removing the piece from the Labels 15 Nestability.
 
So the moral of the story is - DON"T FORGET THOSE CUTE LITTLE STAMPS in your bigger stamp sets!!

We're coming near to the end of our week's vacation (sigh) -  today Kent and I are off to visit my cousins in Eaton Center, NH -  a wonderful little town just outside of North Conway.  They have a house on a little lake (called a pond actually!) nestled in among the hills.   They live there in the summer and in FL in the winter - so I like to get up to visit them when they are nearer to us.



Feel BetterStamps:  face and flower - You're a Doll set, feel better from Country Labels 14 - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Salty Ocean, Crushed Olive
Accessories:  foam dots, 5/8" circle punch - EK Success

Love you to Bits
Stamps:  rose from You're a Doll set, love you to bits from Country Labels 14 set - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  white, Spring Moss - PTI, DP Sidewalks 8X8 pad October Afternoon.
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive
Accessories:  glue pen, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, foam dots, scallop edge punch - SU.

It's What's On the Inside Bag
Stamps:  xxx's half circle from You're a Doll set, sentiment and heart from You're a Doll additions set.
Paper:  True Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress - Festive Berries
Accessories:  heart gems - Michaels, Labels 15 Nestability, black and white dotted washi tape - Darice, red/white dotted bag - Impress.


8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Look at all of these gorgeous designs you have for us today! :) That top one makes me smile and I'm sure it would anyone "get well" quickly! That bag is stunning...love it so much! TFS! HUGS

Pauline said...

Lovely cards Julia, it's nice to see the smaller stamps getting some attention!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cool. Especially the decorated bag... love the sentiment.

Melinda said...

Julia, these are all very sweet! Just love the nested dolls! TFS Melinda - Winter Bear Trading

Crystal said...

These are wonderful Julia!!! What great projects, you have been so busy girl!!! Heheh I love those cute flower faces too adorable!!

scrappymo! said...

Great post...I really enjoyed it as I have many smaller type stamps and I am never quite sure what to do with them.
Your cards look great!

Ellen Taylor said...

Super sweet cards Julia! Your as creative as evah!! Have a great day!

Dianne said...

You have showcased those tiny stamps wonderfully, the faces are so sweet in the center of the flower, love your little bag, great job showing these, thanks for sharing..