Friday, July 26, 2013

A Golden Birthday and a Neon Paintbrush

Yippee!  It's the weekend!  and even though it's raining tonight -  it won't dampen my spirits!  

I have two cards to share tonight made for several challenges out there in blog land.

My first card is a little bit of Mixed Media - as I used something new I just purchased - Black Embossing Paste.  I used it with my Aspen Trees stencil and it gives a great result - it's textured and a bit raised so there's a bit of dimension when you look at it.    I used a gold gel pen to draw my frame and a glitter-gold card stock for the die cut 'birthday'
I used this weeks' Cas(e) this Sketch for my card.
 I'm also putting this in Cas-ology cue card Gold and Bloggers Challenge - They Say it's Your Birthday and Addicted to Cas - Code word Glitter!
 and one more -   Seize the Birthday - anything goes!
 For my next card I used a brandy-new die that I got from MFT -  this great little paint brush!  The die has three pieces - the handle, the metal band and the textured brush (see the bristles?) - SO FUN!
This card was made for The Play Date Cafe - Black and White with a Splash of Neon Yellow 
 
and I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch  

 I used a Lemon Gelato to get the neon color - rubbing it on the brush and also the twine.  The black panel is embossed with a Herringbone Embossing folder and the sentiment is cut with a deckled edge mega rectangle Nestability.
Thanks for stopping by today -   don't forget the WMS Pajama Party coming up on Monday!


Aspen Birthday
Paper:  white - PTI, gold glitter - Michaels
Accessories:  Gold Gel Pen - Uniball, Aspen Trees Template - The Crafters Workshop, Black Embossing Past - Studio 490, glue pen, birthday die - PTI

Paintbrush card
Stamps:  Sentiment - Cornish Heritage Farms/Motivational Centers
Paper:  white, true black - PTI, brushed silver - SU
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Lemon Galato - Farber Castel, paint brush die - MFT, Lemondrop Bakers Twine - the Twinery, Herringbone embossing folder - Provocraft, foam dots, deckled rectangle mega rectangle - Nestabilities.


25 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww i love both of these cards.. that gold looks cool and love that little paintbrush..

Ellen Taylor said...

Love your take on both of these sketches Julia!! Fab cards!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

The Aspen Card way cool,The paintbrush card sheer genius!!

Thanks for joining in the fun GOLD cue at CASology with us this week!

Susan Hogan said...

Great cards - love the paste. I have just got these MFT's dies and stamps and haven't used them yet - just got very inspired! Your card is fabulous.

Jen Mitchell said...

Great cards! That neon paintbrush just jumps off the card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Renee said...

They are both incredible Julia!
I love those trees...
do I need some paste now?
Sounds messy and well...
I make enough of a mess all on my own! :)
And what a cool neon...
love that paintbrush (they're on my list!)!
And now I believe I'm going need some of those mega's...
the deckled edges are my absolute favorites! :)
I think this visit may have cost me money! LOL!!!

lostinpaper said...

Both your cards are fabulous, love how you have used the trees for the sketch with CTS, how very clever!

OH Babs said...

Great cards and your use of the sketches was very good.

Marybeth said...

Wow , love them both Julia! The trees are so neat and perfect for that sketch. The paintbrush card is very trendy with the neon colors . Nice work here ! I love rain!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julian, both designs are brilliant The aspen tree birthday card is a knockout with the black stenciled background and gold sentiment.
The next card makes me want to run over to MFT and buy that die -- such a creative and fun design. Enjoy your weekend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome cards Julia! Love the gold shimmery letters and the neon paintbrush!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun glittered birthday - Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

LOVE that adorable paintbrush -- so cute!!

Ardyth said...

Wonderful cards - love the drama of your forest with the sparkly sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! I love BOTH of these Julia! The glitter sentiment is lovely and that bright neon paint card is so awesome!! Brilliant designs my dear! :)

Darnell said...

Great cards, Julia! I have that birch, so thank you! Your paint is genius!!

Rose said...

awesome cards :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

donna mikasa said...

I love how the trees follow the sketch perfectly! Thanks for joining CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia way to rock out so many challenges with your cards. I just love those birch trees. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Michelle said...

Both cards are fabulous....LOVE the paint brush!!!

dpkennedy said...

Love the birch trees! Bold and beautiful masculine card! The paint brush is so pretty too-love it!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are sooo COOOL Julia! LOVE your designs - so perfect for the challenges too!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous take on the glitter theme Julia. Great card. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
Florence x

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness your card is fabulous! I love your perfectly matched paintbrush and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous cards Julia - love the black embossed stencil! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is AWESOME!