Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hold Onto A True Friend

So I'm stamping when I should be doing something else - story of our lives right stampers?!?!? I made two more cards for challenges over at Split Coast.


I made this card for Cathleen's Hope You Can Cling to Challenge - Sentiments only - where the only stamp you can use is a sentiment. All other embellies are allowed!

I used this great sentiment from Rubbernecker along with Spellbinders Nested mittens - tying them together with rope twine (like when we were kids!) and adding liquid applique 'fur' on the cuffs!

All the edges are sponged with Old Paper ink and the mittens and snowflake are popped up on foam dimensionals. I paper pierced the border. This came out even cuter than I thought it would when I had it in my head!?!

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Both Hands #504-07
Paper: white, pure poppy - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress - Forest Moss, Old Paper
Accessories: paper piercer - SU, 01 micron pen - Sakura, nested mittens spellbinders, rope twine - SU, liquid applique, hot gun, foam dimensionals, crop a dile, heart punch - McGill, Snowflake punch - Martha Stewart, blending tool & craft mat - Ranger

My second card is for the Tuesday Teapot challenge - Cindy inspired us with a black and white teapot with a damask-like deisgn. You can see the whole teapot story here
I used this wonderful Bold Ornament stamp from Rubbernecker and added a sentiment to the center on a punched circle.

I added some dazzling diamonds to give the black and white a little glamour! (can you see it?) This card will be going postal to Joyce and Roy who are currently both having health issues. We hope to lift their spirits a bit with our cards! This also fits Shemaine's Hope You Can Cling To challenge to pop it out - my sentiment is popped up on foam dimensionals.

This also qualifies for the Moxie Fab World challenge - Diggin' On Damask!

Ok - so now I REALLY won't be back until Thursday when I'll have my first sneak peek for you of the new Waltzingmouse stamps! So be sure to drop by!!

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Bold Ornament #507-01, Sentiment - Petite Word Set #2000
Paper: white - PTI, black - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: glue stick, dazzling diamonds - SU, foam dimensionals, circle punches

18 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - both these cards are great, and so different. I think the mitten embellisment is so cute, reminds me of being a little girl :)

Joan B said...

Wow, such a great diversity of style here. The mitten card is soo cute. And I love the elegance of the second card. You rock.

Crystal said...

Oh my these are wonderful Julia...I LOVE LOVE how you added to rope to your mittens...just genious gf!

Monique said...

Great cards Julia... I {heart} the first one.. the mittens are so cute with the little rope and the sentiment is so precious!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

B said...

yay for mittens! :) Love your little rope that you used and the second card is so elegnat!

anya said...

Super cute, Julia! Those mittens are adorable! I love the black and white card - that ornament stamp is so intricate and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Julia!! these are both darling creations!! The mittens are too dang CUTE!! :) TFS! HUGS

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful! Mittens are adorable and the damask -WOW! Beautiful!

Bev J. said...

What a cute, and pretty, mitten card. Black and white is always great-like your card.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the sentiment with the mittens, and isn't that B/W gorgeous! Great job, GF!

Mary Marsh said...

both these cards are so pretty julia-i love the mittens card and that rope is just too cute-i have had my eye on the dies and i think you just pushed me over the edge with your card (lol)

dpkennedy said...

These are both beauties! Those mittens are just adorable! And I love the damask card...it's so elegant!

Francie G. said...

Love the sweet mitten creation. The second card is so very elegant! Wonderful, Julia!

Susan said...

amazing damask, Julia. So elegant!
and the mittens, delightful...and it's Thursday where you create, so I won't have too long to wait to see the new MWstamps.

Happy almost made it to the weekend!!!

Alice said...

your mitten card is sooooooooo sweet, Julia! love it! and the second one is so elegant! beautiful work!

Joan Ervin said...

What gorgeous cards, Julia!!!! The little mittens are sooo cute and I LOOOVE that big beautiful medallion/snowflake....sooo elegant!!!!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! Thanks again for linking up to the Diggin' on Damask challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)