Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A Bottle of Cheer - Gift Tag

I'm just squeaking in to Loll's wonderful 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge - where she asks us to make a Christmas Mixed Media Tag -  using stamping and at least two other medias. 
For my tag I used stamping, with embossing and sponging as my two other media.
I used PTI's Folded Tag die along with Beautiful Berries: Winter stamps and dies.  I embossed the top tag with Emerald Creek Allure Weathered Wood Embossing Powder and the sentiment in Ranger Gold Embossing Powder and I sponged all the edges with Ranger Distress Antique Linen Ink.  I looped a piece of wrinkled seam tape through the hole at the top so it could be tied on to a package.
I think it dresses up a gift of bubbly quite nicely. No further wrapping required!
 We have until the end of day on 11/24 to link up our mixed media tags - and there are prizes to be won - so please join in here at Loll's Blog!

I'm also linking my tag to:

Stamps:  Beautiful Berries - Winter - PTI
Paper:  Water Color - Ranger, White - PTI
Ink:  Stormy Sea, Scarlet Jewel, Pure Poppy - PTI, Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Versamark.
Accessories:  Folded Tag Die and Beautiful Berries: Winter Die set - PTI, Emerald Creek Allure Weathered Wood Embossing Powder, Ranger Gold Embossing Powder.

7 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a lovely addition to giving some holiday cheer...love the vintage feel it has mf.
xx Karen

Bonnie said...

The perfect tag for a bottle of fine, aged wine, Julia!

Loll said...

Your tag is beautiful, Julia. Perfect way to dress up the bottle of wine. Thanks for joining my tag event! xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Thanksgiving Julia! Such a pretty tag! So fun and festive!

Susan said...

What a fabulous idea to use when giving a bottle of wine - I must remember that! Love the layers of your tag and the way the colours really co-ordinate with the wine bottle and label.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Perfect tag for a wine gift! I love everything about it!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

maria f. said...

Such an elegant tag for a lovely bottle ;)