Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Trust in the Lord

My Godchild Eden is being confirmed this weekend at St. Paul's Cathedral in Boston, and I wanted to make her a special card for this wonderful benchmark event in her life!
The stamps on the front of the card are from Phrases and Praises from PTI.  I stamped the heart in Hibiscus Burst, cut it out and layered it under the sentiment.  I cut the circles with Nestabilities.  I spelled her name using Idea-ology Label Letters.
Inside I die cut God from Hibiscus Burst card and stamped the sentiment from Inspired: God also from PTI.  I added an Idea-ology Mirrored Heart for a little bling!
I also bought her this 4 x5 silver box with a personal engraving that she can keep on her bureau of shelf to put special things in.
 
My card design was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches
And my colors were chosen from The Card Concept 
I feel my design is Clean and Graphic
Stamps:  Phrases and Praises, Inspired God -  Papertrey Ink
Paper:  White, True Black, Hibiscus Burst, Watercolor Wonder Paper Collection Textstyle Distressed Dots - PTI, Modern Metalics - DCWV.
Ink:  True Black, Hibiscus Burst - PTI
Accessories:  Circle dies - Nestabilities, God Die - Inspired God - PTI, foam dots, Idea-ology Label Letters and Mirrored Hearts.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

A special card for a very special day!

nancy littrell said...

Thank you for sharing your special card for your special God Child. Your thoughtful gift will be a wonderful reminder of her confirmation. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Sure took my breath away...so beautiful and so unique x

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning! Your card is so beautiful, as is your incredible gift. She is sure to love them both.

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, love this card and I am sure Eden will as well! The verse sentiment is perfect as well as the use of the sketch with your bold and graphic prints :-) Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept- hugs and we hope you are able to play along again soon!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is so beautiful! I am sure Eden will love it as well as the pretty silver box! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Jen Mitchell said...

A wonderful card to commemorate a special day. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Loll said...

Hi Julia. Such a beautiful card to celebrate this big event in Eden's life. Love the special, engraved, silver box to store her treasures. xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is such a wonderful card! I love your choice colours and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Claire said...

I'm sure she will be thrilled with the card and the engraved box. LOve how you've made the card Julia - so pretty with all those layers!