Sunday, June 19, 2016

Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop - May Your Cup Be Full

I've made another card for the Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop
So my summer theme for this card is reading along with my cup of coffee -  I love to read year round - but especially out in the yard in a comfy chair getting a little bit of tan (with the sunscreen on, of course!) in the summertime.
So the book toting Miss is cut from an Idea-ology Found Relative card.   The girl is a black and white photo - so I colored her dress, corsage, lips and the book she is holding with Ranger Distress Markers.  I added a sticky pearl necklace (they look like white dots in the photo - but they are little pearls!).  The sentiment is from Literary Caffeine-ations,  the mug is from Sketchy Cups both sets by Stamplorations.
The girl and mug are popped up on foam dots.  I stapled a strip of Idea-ology lace across the bottom.  The floral panel is an Idea-ology Pocket Card, the yellow patterned paper is from Sidewalks paper pad from October Afternoon.
We have until June 24th to link up our summertime coffee cards to the blog hop -  there are TONS of prizes to be won - so be sure to check it out!

I'm also  linking my card to the Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Pastels and Pearls
My found relative's dress is colored with Spun Sugar and she is wearing a pearl necklace!
Stamps:  Literary Caffeine-ations and Sketchy Cups - Stamplorations
Paper:  white, true black - PTI,  DP Sidewalks/October Afternoon.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Markers Barn Door, Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters, Rusty Hinge, Idea-ology Pocket Cards, Found Relatives, Trimmings Lace,  Mini Attacher - Ranger, foam dots.

38 comments:

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Julia! I love the light colouring you did on her dress, makes the image come alive. Beautiful yellow background and the lace is a wonderful touch. hugs :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the vintage look, and your coloring is great...lovely card.

Ceal said...

Awesome card, love the vintage

StampingbugKerry said...

Nice card! Love the vintage Book Toting Girl, the sunshine yellow and the little bit of lace.

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is such a fun vintage inspired card!

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty - love the vintage look a lot. Love her pearls!

Lisa said...

Well this is definitely fun and funky! LOVE it!

Gail said...

So beautiful - I love the lady on this card - TFS

Migdalia said...

A wonderful card!! Love the vintage look and trim.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...just love your images.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such a neat vintage card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great vintage design.

Tenia Nelson said...

So VERY cool!!

Beverley said...

Such a pretty vintage card, and loving the lace. Beautifully done. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Tonya said...

LOVE your card! Thanks for sharing.









Nikki said...

What a fun sentiment and my cup is never big enough that I can read a whole book :)

Ann said...

Sweet cup with a lovely vintage image.

Sylvia said...

Such a creative and fun card, Julia...just love it! Happy Hopping and Enjoy your summer!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous design Julia love how you brought those different elements together xxx

Michele K. Henderson said...

I like your unique vintage look! Great sentiment too!

SewPaperPaint said...

What gorgeous vintage inspiration I love this!

Karen B. said...

Your style is so very cool!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Wow! Really unique card! Love the vintage feel especially!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card Julia! Love the vintage image and fancy lace trimming!

Hetty said...

Coffee and books: wonderful combination,Julia!
That is an awesome vintage card.

Arianna Barbara said...

Such a lovely card!!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Julia. I love the touch of colour you added to,the focal image . Lovely design. Tracy x

Helen F. said...

Lovely vintage card!

Suchi said...

Ahhh this is fab!! :)
Suchi xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great vintage design. I really like it a lot.

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous vintage card! Love it.

Deb said...

Lovely card Julia, love how you have subtly coloured the young gal and given her a lovely pearl necklace and what a wonderful quote to accompany her and the coffee cup. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

AmethystCat said...

fun card! so cool that you added some color and some lace to add to the vintage feel

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

Awesome.love this.

Nancy Dynes said...

What a gorgeous card, Julia! I can think of no better way to spend a lazy summer day than relaxing with a book and a cup of coffee. I'm putting that on my to-do list for my upcoming vacation! I love the pearl necklace you added. It is brilliant. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy

sarascloset said...

Julia, this is such a fun card! I love how you've used the Found relative to incorporate a book into the mix. The added pearls are just such a great touch! I hope you enjoy many books this summer! The only time I read is when I'm on vacation, and then, not much! Hugs!

Jenny Marples said...

This is so beautiful and so cleverly designed. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx