Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sweet Wishes in a Miniature Coffee Bag

Today I have a little miniature treat bag to share!  I made it for Saturday's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  Audrie challenged us to be inspired by a wonderful miniature art web site Paintings for Ants by Lorraine Loots - a South African artist.  For 3 years, Lorraine painted a little miniature work of art everyday.
Lorraine had so many works on her site that to narrow it down,  I decided to go to my birth date - 9/5 and see what she drew on that day.   I found this sweet little cupcake.  I knew this sweet little cupcake stamp from the Coffee Set from WMS would be perfect - even down to the cherry on top (although I covered the cherry with a rhinestone!)-  and I decided to adhere the cupcake to a miniature coffee bag I made using some Kraft Glassine paper and the WMS mini coffee bag die.  It measures just 1 3/8" x 2 3/4" - so all is 'miniature' on my project!
I left one side of the tab closure strip open at the top so you could see how the bag is designed so it actually closes  like a 'real' coffee bag - I glued a piece of wire inside the tab so it would hold the bag closed when folded back. And I put 3 Cadbury Easter eggs next to the bag so you could visualize the tiny size of the bag!
Here's a view with the bag open.  Not sure if you can see - but there is even a little window cut out behind the cupcake and I put a piece of clear acetate there so, if I hadn't filled the space with a cupcake, you would see what was inside the bag 
(if there was anything in it - which there isn't at the moment!)
And here's a view form the side with the top closed. You can't fit TOO much in this little bag - but it will still be SWEET!!!
Unfortunately, this coffee bag die is no longer available - did you hear that Waltzingmouse is closing at the end of March?? So sad.... The versatile Coffee set is still in stock at the moment.

I'm also linking my project to:
This is the first time I've used the coffee bag die
 

Stamps: The Coffee Set - Waltzingmouse

Paper: Kraft Glassine - Idea-ology, White - PTI, clear acetate (from packaging)
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, True Black, Classic Kraft - PTI
Accessories: Dies - Mini Coffee Bag and The Coffee Set (cupcake) - Waltzingmouse, ScorTape, lace from stash, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, 24 gauge wire, rhinestones - Kaiser Craft.

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun treat bag!

Redanne said...

It really is a sweet little bag and I just love the little cupcake. That is a very useful die to have, I can think of lots of occasions for a lovely little bag like that. Hugs, Anne xx

Annette Allen said...

such a cute treat bag.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your adorable little bag...so cute.

Words and Pictures said...

Love this glassine coffee bag - the paper gives it such a cool texture and look.
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Such a cute bag Julia, love this.
Have a great week.
hugs Brenda xxx

Cheryl said...

It is a 'sweet' little bag! Love the tiny cupcake with the cherry on top!
So sorry about Waltzingmouse.
Have a good week, Julia!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the set up of your new blog!! Very fresh! Cute bag and the cherry on top is the best!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Delightful!! I love the yummy bag - I can just image the joy of the recipient who opens it to find a treat (inside) as well as outside!
Hugs!

Marybeth said...

Aww I love the tiny cupcake on the tiny coffee bag! I have this die and happy that I do. Yes, I heard the sad news about no more WMS :(

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia your mini cupcake and mini coffee bag and absolutely squealworthy! So so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cute bag and cupcake!!!!

Lena Misquitta said...

What a delicious coffee bag ! Love your work.
Lena

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute project Julia! What a sweet treat bag!

Darnell said...

Squee! This must be SO adorable in person, Julia! So, so tiny! I love how you managed to include so many sweet details to take it to another level! (I'm so sad that Waltzingmouse is closing.) Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I'm sorry I'm so late in getting by to comment! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell