Wednesday, March 23, 2016

More for Easter

Today I'm sharing some Easter cards I've made for 2 of the Saturday Inspiration Challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.
Two weeks ago the inspiration was the Easter Egg Hunt Pinterest Board.  
My first card was inspired by this feather egg in the egg cup
 Here is my card.
I curved the die cut oval egg and kept the curve in it by tying twine around it. Since this egg is just cardstock, I cut a little slit on each side to hold the twine on the edges. I doubled up 2 thick foam dots to hold the center of the egg curved out off the cardbase.   I had these feathers for a Thanksgiving project I did with my grandnieces and nephews last year. (think turkey tails on plastic eggs!)
My 2nd card was inspired by this pinterest post
Here is my card:
 I layered the gold foil egg to a thicker piece of grungeboard. I again curved the egg a little and held the curve by tying the ribbon tightly around the egg while I held the curve. Then I mounted it over the die cut saucer and panel with two thick foam dots.  I added the die cut bunny to the side also with foam dots.

This past Saturday, the Inspiration Challenge was Google It - the Google Art Pinterest board
I always enjoy the Google art and wondered who created it.
I was inspired by this leap year google art with the leaping bunnies
and created this card.

I used Loll Thompson's Splash Watercolor technique on everything - using Brushed Corduroy and Worn Lipstick Distress on the bunnies and bows, Brushed Corduroy and Peeled Paint for the wild flowers, and Tumbled Glass on the background - all on Arches watercolor paper.  I die cut the EASTER (to look like GOOGLE) using Alphanumeric thinlit dies from Tim Holtz on a piece of thin cork.
All three cards hopped out the door at our Easter Cards and Treats sale at church last Sunday!
He is Risen
Stamps: Denami Designs
Paper: white, vintage cream, true black - PTI, DP Archaic - Basic Grey
Paper Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Ink: Archival Jet Black
Accessories: die - Large Oval/Alterations, twine, feathers - Michaels, thick foam dots 

The Golden Egg
Stamps: Rubber Soul
Paper: Fresh Snow Linen Cardstock, white - PTI, Gold Foil - SU, grungeboard - Ranger
Paper Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Ink: Archival Jet Black
Accessories: Dies - Medium Oval/Alterations, Bunny and Bows Die Set - Lil'Inker Designs, Tea Time - Alterations, ribbon - May Arts, thick foam dots, Pink Tiny Twinkle - Taylored Expressions, small oval punch - SU 

Cork Easter
Stamps: Keep It Simple Birthday - PTI
Paper: Arches Watercolor paper, Vintage Cream - PTI
Paper Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Ink: True Black -PTI, Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick, Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass
Accessories: Dies: Wild Flowers and Alphanumeric - Thinlits/Alterations, Bunnie and Bows - Lil' Inker Designs, Sequins - WMS, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, thin cork - Staples, foam dots, Craft Mat, mini spritzer, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

12 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

You've given me so many ideas today! Curving the egg, slits to hold the twine in place, splash watercolor bunnies . . . I will have an awesome afternoon in the studio! Thanks!

Redanne said...

The egg cards are beautiful, I just love the feather one... but my favourite is the one with the two bunnies, they are so pretty, beautifully coloured and I love the 'greenery'. The Google image is so cute too! Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

Wow, busy gal Julia! Love the egg cards, you really nailed those Pinterest photos. The Easter card with the bunnies is beautiful, lovely splashing and splattering! hugs :)

Mary Marsh said...

really pretty Easter cards Julia and I can see why they sold at the craft fair-hope you and Kent have a wonderful Easter celebration-I like the redesign on your blog header as well

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...so many gorgeous Easter cards! Love them all.

Karen B. said...

What stunning Easter cards! I love the technique on those bunnies!

Joyce said...

Wonderful Easter cards. And, happy Easter to you and your family.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful collection of Easter cards Julia! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter celebration!

Betty Wright said...

A suite of beautiful cards, Julia! Love all your special touches on each. Beautifully done!

The Colour Press said...

Such pretty cards and so many unique techniques. Treat to d eyes.

Monika Gulyas said...

Each card is beautiful but I love the last one with those cute bunnies and cork text!!! Happy Easter!!!

Pawsitively Creative said...

Awesome sauce cards! All are so unique and festive! Genius idea to curve the eggs and also to make it stay in place. The feather one is my fave! Fantabulous! ~Niki